genchiro's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 4th, 2017 3:41 AM

Updating firmware on my AT&T modem/router

How do I update the firmware on my NVG599 modem/router?  When I go into the interface on my browser it says I need to download the file from AT&T to my hard drive and then install it manually.  How do I check for updates?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Where in the interface does it say that? I have a NVG599 and don't see anything like that nor have I ever heard of explicit requests to manually download firmware updates for the ATT gateways.  ATT pushes updates on their own schedule so you should be already updated.

You could push the factory reset to force updates if you want to however.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Arris NVG599 Update page.PNG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Wish there was clear communication from AT&T as to what the latest F/W is for a particular router.  Even trying to find this from the Arris website is difficult.  For certain routers, they refer you back to AT&T.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

FWIW, I fell into that trap too, so don't feel bad.  Even with an ATT tech standing next to me.  I've had a number of routers that use a UI like that so one thinks the device is actually doing a version check, when in fact all it is capable of doing is installing an already available download.  And there really isn't a way for and end user to locate and download firmware for the RG.  There's also no changelog posted to indicate what updates were actually made.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

How do I update my ATT Modem 5268AC FXN.  I can't get my Tap to connect to my wi-fi even though it has been connected for over a year now to same modem . . . 

Help!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Great Post..  confirms as well as reaffirms what I have been noticing and getting more and more irritated and sickened by for some time now..   it would seem that anything and everything att does is veiled and there aint a    %$^&*  dang  &^%$   thing you can do about it..  at least that's how it seems to me.   most everyone knows the relationship att has with the nsa..  makes me sick

used to really look up to this organization

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yes i'm very upset there is no way for you to find the newest firmware i have been searching for hours and have found nothing you would think they would care about the people paying to keep there business open very sad to see they cant even let you update it. They should definitely rethink the way they treat there customers because it may be okay with them treating us poorly now but it wont last long

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

4 years ago

AT&T will push the firmware to your Gateway when they have it ready.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.