Shumidog's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 7:20 PM

Update router firmware?

How does router firmware update? What do I need to do? If it doesn't have any more updates can I replace it with a new one? How do I find one that works with the network?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Att pushes updates on their own schedule.  You have no control over it and they never document what was changed when do update.   Also you should not search out firmware from other sources to upload into the gateway.  It won't work since att makes changes to the firmware.  At the minimum those changes include code to verify that it is running on an authorized gateway.

You are up to date with whatever att considers as "up to date".  If you want to force it downloaded again push the red factory reset button on the back of the gateway for about 10 secs.  Any settings you may have changed will be lost and have to be entered again.

• 

3 Messages

Husband"s LG Prime says Firmware Update and precaution not to unplug usb until complete. Don't know what happened, His battery was not charging and he grabbed the cord from my iphone to see if it would charge his battery. It is not plugged into a usb port. Do i use my iphone cord and plug it into a usb port on the laptopHusband"s LG Prime says Firmware Update and precaution not to unplug usb until complete. Don't know what happened, His battery was not charging and he grabbed the cord from my iphone to see if it would charge his battery. It is not plugged into a usb port. Do i use my iphone cord and plug it into a usb port on the laptop?

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

5 years ago

Makes me highly curious then why my speeds dropped from 920 Mbps to less than 400 sometime a year ago from my BGW210  to my qualified GB Laptop via Ethernet connection.  Wifi also deteriorated but nobody can figure out why, except for blaming it all on my equipment.  Funny, if I take my laptop to some place else that gets Gigabyte service I can still get in the 900's down and similar up.

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

5 years ago

Suspicious link, do not click on "reconfiguration" link.  Doesn't appear to be a legitimate Netgear site.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

In my opinion I swear the bgw210 are super easy to hack into I have all kinds of problems and issues with my internet also8

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So I'm pleased to see this is a lively and timely discussion topic for the forum, I was hoping that management would see fit to provide an official statement around this topic and maybe even what the present code level is,but I must have been dreaming.  Maybe they should have never broken up Ma Bell, since AT&T never really became a player in computer innovation anyway.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

how many technicians does it take to fix my connection when being down for 3 days thus far and being asked to stay without connection for 2 more days bc that is your first available appointment? being a customer for almost 6 years does not mean much I can see. 

• 

108 Messages

3 years ago

Whoever stated that red button reset means it will check for an update is wrong, unless its a new gateway. The newer 320s ship w/ 2.6.5 pre installed onto it, and they then soon as they are able to be activated/authenticated update to whatever is the latest version they are able to find.
they check for updates once a week and install around 12-4 am which is when it thinks no one will really be using the network .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.