Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Update router firmware?

Highlighted
Contributor

Update router firmware?

How does router firmware update? What do I need to do? If it doesn't have any more updates can I replace it with a new one? How do I find one that works with the network?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎07-10-2019 8:27 PM

Re: Update router firmware?

Att pushes updates on their own schedule.  You have no control over it and they never document what was changed when do update.   Also you should not search out firmware from other sources to upload into the gateway.  It won't work since att makes changes to the firmware.  At the minimum those changes include code to verify that it is running on an authorized gateway.

You are up to date with whatever att considers as "up to date".  If you want to force it downloaded again push the red factory reset button on the back of the gateway for about 10 secs.  Any settings you may have changed will be lost and have to be entered again.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Makes me highly curious then why my speeds dropped from 920 Mbps to less than 400 sometime a year ago from my BGW210  to my qualified GB Laptop via Ethernet connection.  Wifi also deteriorated but nobody can figure out why, except for blaming it all on my equipment.  Funny, if I take my laptop to some place else that gets Gigabyte service I can still get in the 900's down and similar up.

Message 3 of 4
Scholar

Suspicious link, do not click on "reconfiguration" link.  Doesn't appear to be a legitimate Netgear site.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support