sritri's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 21st, 2014 3:22 AM

UVerse Power upgrade - 5 static IPs

I was upgraded to the Power tier on Friday. I had the 2-Wire RG earlier and absolutely had no issues configuring and assigning specific pc's to my 5 IPs.

With the new NVG589, none of my PC's show up in the firewall page once I "Allocate" my public IP address. I have 4 PC's which need the the static IP's but I can find no way to configure the firewall 😞

Can anyone help ?

Shreeni

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@sritri@  wrote:

"...Then you'll have to go to IP Allocation page to assign "

The problem here is that the statically assigned host never appears in the firewall list. It looks like I need to initailly let the RG assign a IP from the private pool, open the firewall for a service and then assign/allocate a static from the available IP stack.

The problem here is that I can only use "two" out of the five. There does not seem to be a way to assign the rest 3 😞

For ex: lets say my SIP block is xx.xx.xxx.127 thru 131. I can "only" seem to allocate 127 & 128 when I initially let the RG assign an IP from the private pool. I cannot assign the rest as I get the error message that says "string empty" or some such sort.

This was so easy to do on the old 2Wire modem.

OK. The block you get will actually be 8 addresses. (ex. xxx.xxx.xxx.1 - xxx.xxx.xxx.8)

When you go to Home Network/Subnets and DHCP/Public Subnet to configure your addresses, xxx.1 is the network address, xxx.2 thru xxx.6 are your usable addresses, xxx.7 is the modem/gateway address, and xxx.8 is the broadcast address. The subnet mask should be 255.255.255.248 if I'm not mistaken. 

Once you have that configured and saved, you may have to reboot the gateway. Then connect your (first) server (which should be configured for DHCP). Verify that your server has obtained a private IP address from the gateway. 

Then go to Home Network/IP Allocation. Your server should be on the list there. Click the Allocate button next to your server, and scroll to the bottom of the list. There you will find your public IP addresses. Select one, and click Save. Now, go to your server and renew it's DHCP lease.

Be sure your server and security software is up to date and strong enough to be exposed to the Internet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@sritri@  wrote:

I was upgraded to the Power tier on Friday. I had the 2-Wire RG earlier and absolutely had no issues configuring and assigning specific pc's to my 5 IPs.

With the new NVG589, none of my PC's show up in the firewall page once I "Allocate" my public IP address. I have 4 PC's which need the the static IP's but I can find no way to configure the firewall 😞

Can anyone help ?

Shreeni

Static IPs actually bypass the standard firewall, you might try checking in the Home Network - DHCP and Subnets setup area, where it should allow you to set your private and public routes. Then you'll have to go to IP Allocation page to assign your individual public addresses to your individual private devices.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

"...Then you'll have to go to IP Allocation page to assign "

The problem here is that the statically assigned host never appears in the firewall list. It looks like I need to initailly let the RG assign a IP from the private pool, open the firewall for a service and then assign/allocate a static from the available IP stack.

The problem here is that I can only use "two" out of the five. There does not seem to be a way to assign the rest 3 😞

For ex: lets say my SIP block is xx.xx.xxx.127 thru 131. I can "only" seem to allocate 127 & 128 when I initially let the RG assign an IP from the private pool. I cannot assign the rest as I get the error message that says "string empty" or some such sort.

This was so easy to do on the old 2Wire modem.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

When I try to assign the first IP in my block it states that "(xx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is a network address". I really wish I could find clear instructions on how to setup the NVG589 with your static IP block. It worked perfectly with the 510 but unfortunately so much has changed with the software I cannot just mimick those settings.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.