UVerse Motorola NGV-510 Modem

Highlighted
Contributor

UVerse Motorola NGV-510 Modem

Anyone have problems with their Motorola router? I have had mine for just over year. The last month or so I have had numerous problems with the router dropping service.

I go through the procedure of unpluging the router and repluging. Relogging off the computer and logging back on etc. This week the router dropped service twice.  This week I didn't have any storms to blame for the cause of drop. 

Therefore,  for the price I am paying per month for the top end residential service, why should we be having router (modem) service problems?

In my opinion, we the consumer deserve a better mousetrap for the price we pay to get reliable internet service.

Message 1 of 3 (746 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: UVerse Motorola NGV-510 Modem

You may be having line quality or Radio Frequency interference issues that are not directly attributable to your NVG 510.

Have you tried the http://ufix.att.com utility?

Have you looked at the statistics page on your modem (RG or Residential gateway) at http://192.168.1.254/ ?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (743 Views)
Community Support

Re: UVerse Motorola NGV-510 Modem

Hi @sm42301 

Just checking up on your post. I noticed JefferMC provided some great suggestions that will help with the issue. Are you still having intermittent disconnects with your U-verse service?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (721 Views)