Helpful Links

UVerse Motorola NGV-510 Modem

Highlighted
Contributor

UVerse Motorola NGV-510 Modem

Anyone have problems with their Motorola router? I have had mine for just over year. The last month or so I have had numerous problems with the router dropping service.

I go through the procedure of unpluging the router and repluging. Relogging off the computer and logging back on etc. This week the router dropped service twice.  This week I didn't have any storms to blame for the cause of drop. 

Therefore,  for the price I am paying per month for the top end residential service, why should we be having router (modem) service problems?

In my opinion, we the consumer deserve a better mousetrap for the price we pay to get reliable internet service.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: UVerse Motorola NGV-510 Modem

You may be having line quality or Radio Frequency interference issues that are not directly attributable to your NVG 510.

Have you tried the http://ufix.att.com utility?

Have you looked at the statistics page on your modem (RG or Residential gateway) at http://192.168.1.254/ ?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Community Support

Re: UVerse Motorola NGV-510 Modem

Hi @sm42301 

Just checking up on your post. I noticed JefferMC provided some great suggestions that will help with the issue. Are you still having intermittent disconnects with your U-verse service?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support