mrayle's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 9th, 2013 6:32 AM

UV networking: Cannot talk from WiFi network to wired network

I recently started having issues being able to communicate from the WiFi side of the network to the wired side of the network.  This has worked in the past and now devices on the WiFi cannot communicate to the wired devices.

Two examples:

CASE 1: Wireless laptop attempting to access wired NAS

In this case, the laptop has IP address 192.168.1.92 (DHCP from router and wireless).  The NAS has IP address 192.168.1.75 (DHCP from the router and wired directly to RG modem port).  In the past, I could mount a share from the NAS onto the wireless laptop.  Now, the laptop says it cannot find the server.  If I attempt to PING the NAS from the laptop, the pings return that the host is unreachable.  (DNS is working to resolve names, but the ping is not transferred.) 

Furthermore, a wired PC on the wired network can map shares from the NAS with no problem.

A ping from the wired PC (192.168.1.68 DHCP) can be sent to the wireless PC no problem.

A ping from the wireless PC cannot be sent to the wired PC (host is unreachable).

CASE 2:  Audio receiver on wired network with AirPlay capability is not visible to wireless AirPlay devices (iPhone or iPad) 

Recently this used to work.  I was able to use AirPlay from the iPhone to this receiver.  Now, the iPhone doesn't see the receiver at all.

Any ideas?   Anyone see something similar to this?

My UV gateway is a 3800HGV-B box.

Thanks!

Mike

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

I have seen this issue mentioned a few times before on this forum, where the wireless and wired computers on the 2Wire will not see each other.

The answer in the cases I've seen was to factory reset the 2Wire using the "Reset to Factory Default State" button on the following page:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_5_7

After the factory reset, the wireless and wired networks were bridged as normal.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @mrayle 

Starting with a simple troubleshooting, have you tried power cycling your wireless gateway?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with ConnectTech.  Of course, the wireless gateway was rebooted.

In the end, the tech on the phone told me that there was nothing they could do to fix the problem.

I ended up buying a Netgear wireless router and use the gateway as a bridge.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, SomeJoe7777.  I'll try it when I get home.  I spent a very frustrating 30 minutes on the phone with UVerse tech support, and their answer was "call the printer manufacturer, it's a printer problem."  This is after I carefully explained that any wireless device cannot connect (or even ping) any wired device, and vice versa.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

@thittner wrote:

I spent a very frustrating 30 minutes on the phone with UVerse tech support, and their answer was "call the printer manufacturer, it's a printer problem."

Picard Facepalm

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks again SomeJoe7777. I did the full factory reset and my wireless devices can now talk to the wired devices, and vice versa.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.