Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U-verse modem

Scholar

U-verse modem

If I buy my own modem will ATT still charge me rental fee. I know Xfinity won't charge you...  Plus have higher speeds.

Message 1 of 6
Employee

Re: U-verse modem

Did you read the Uverse Internet Terms Of Services you agreed to establishing and keeping service.

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/legal/terms.internetAttTermsOfService.html?referrer=

May find a few references to agreeing to pay for equipment as long as have service.

You agree to pay in full each month: (1) the monthly fee specified when you ordered your Service; (2) any charge(s) for equipment required for your Service; (3) activation fees, connection and/or installation charges, if any; (4) late fees, Service Restoral Fees, and other applicable Service charges; and (4) any applicable taxes, recovery fees and surcharges that AT&T pays to municipalities and other governmental entities and may pass on to you. For a list of additional fees that could apply to the Service, please see the applicable Fee Schedules, which are expressly incorporated herein by reference.

And later in the agreement...

If you have not purchased Internet Equipment from AT&T or if previously purchased Internet Equipment is beyond the one-year (1-year) warranty period (from date of installation) and requires replacement, then you agree to pay a monthly equipment fee for the Internet Equipment, as part of your purchase of or continued use of the Service and/or other AT&T services.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-30-2017 1:33 PM

You cannot replace the att modem with one of your own.  But you can cascade your own modem behind the att modem to support internet network needs that may be deficient in the att modem.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Scholar

Didn't need TOS

Message 4 of 6
Scholar

Could you elaborate a little more on cascading my modem. I have the 5268AC is there one better than that?

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

I am not a router expert and I am not familiar with the specifics and they vary from att modem (gateway) to modem model.  Maybe others who are can give you the specifics.  In the meantime here are two google searches on this topic.  I've limited these searches to just within these forums:

attach router to 5268ac site:forums.att.com

cascade modem with 5268ac site:forums.att.com

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support