jainrak's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 26th, 2016 3:45 PM

U Verse modem fee

I saw $7 as equipment rental fee after continuous service of 18+ month. I never had this fee in any of my past bills. When inquired I was told that since my modem was replaced (U Verse service started in May 2014 and modem replaced in December 2015) due to malfunctioning, the replacement modem came with rental. The modem started giving speed problem in December 2015, and when I contacted AT&T technical team, they offered me replacement modem without any fee provided I return the faulty modem to AT&T. They did confirm its going to be free of any charges. I sent the faulty modem back to AT&T via UPS tracking number *** and its been received by AT&T. And still AT&T wants me to pay rental fee.

Now I do not know whether I should continue with AT&T U Verse or look for some other alternative. You never know in future AT&T might bill something as a surprise or new year recovery charges!Truely AT&T has find a way to charge more and more money.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Don't believe anything AT&T tells you during their sales pitch. They are trained to be liars! My business had phone, DSL and Direct TV with them. After months of 1 or 2 hour phone calls with tech problems and miss billing I decided to cut ties with them. Today we are down to only Uverse Internet and noticed a charged a $10 lease fee. Worst compony ever!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.