U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Mentor

U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Has their been any talk on when U-Verse will be integrated in with Xbox 360?  I thought this was suppose to happen towards beginning of this year?  Both Verizon FIOS and Comcast Infinity have integration but where in U-Verse?

Message 1 of 49 (7,951 Views)
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

We will stop supporting the Xbox 360 as a U-verse receiver on December 31, 2013. Subscribers who currently use their Xbox as a receiver will receive a $99 bill credit in their December or January U-verse bill, which includes reimbursement for the $60 Xbox Gold membership. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 31 of 49 (2,083 Views)
Explorer

I, too, am pretty puzzled/annoyed with this decision.  They have not even said they are working on anything related to the XBox One having a dedicated app so this just screams "hey how are these customers getting away with not having to pay us even more money a month for renting more cable boxes".  Getting an XBox One, and a STB and running it through the XBox One is NOT an adequate or cost effective solution for those that currently have this feature.  From everyone I have talekd to who has this, the XBox 360 seemed to work perfectly fine as a STB and I would love to know why they are just not allowing this anymore. 

Message 32 of 49 (2,079 Views)
ACE - Professor

So people are mad because they'll have to pay $7/mo for each STB in lieu of an XBOX?

Time Warner charges $10/mo for each basic box. If you want that to be a DVR or hooked up to a DVR, you'll have to pay an additional fee per DVR. Two DVRs from Time Warner would cost me something like $30/mo.

Other cable providers will absolutely charge for additional boxes and may even chaege for additional DVRs.

AT&T charges me $10/mo for boxes. I have one DVR and one additional box...U-300 and up get their first extra box fee waived.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 49 (1,485 Views)

Some of us bought xbox 360 consoles to use as uverse receivers, so we could have our own equipment/combined media hub. We paid the price to do this and it was worth it because it minimized the amount of equipment you needed in each room. I have the 450 package and rent one dvr. It makes more sense to use the xbox as a reciever. ATT makes more than enough money from me and shouldn't be worried with the additional $7-14 they are hoping to get out of this.
Message 34 of 49 (1,477 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

I honestly dont even care about the $7 a month, I have a STB that is seldom used on my 2nd TV in my game room. What ticks me off the most is that the Xbox was a darn near perfect "all-in-one" box that ran the uverse IPTV software better than any of the other STBs in the house. There are also several issue I now have to deal with by switching to a standard STB. One that give me the most angst right now is the fact that the location the Xbox is currently at only had Cat-6 cable and I am not sure if I have to run coax onto that wall location now in order to connect a standard STB.

Message 35 of 49 (1,437 Views)
ACE - Master

You can get a wireless receiver and no cables needed.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 36 of 49 (1,434 Views)
ACE - Expert

A standard STB can be connected to the RG using that Cat6 Ethernet cable just fine.

Message 37 of 49 (1,429 Views)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

A standard STB can be connected to the RG using that Cat6 Ethernet cable just fine.

I was going on the assumption that the Xbox was using the CAT 6?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 38 of 49 (1,416 Views)
ACE - Expert

I was figuring that it only needed to be hard wired for video, that it could go Wireless for Internet access.

That may be a bad assumption on my part.

Message 39 of 49 (1,410 Views)
ACE - Master

Would have no clue since I don't own one nor do I want to!!

The last controller I used for a gaming system was one of these:

Message 40 of 49 (1,402 Views)
ACE - Professor

I think I read something about AT&T and Microsoft ending their agreement. I want to say people were surmising that there'd be a new format for the on-screen guide which would hopefully lead to a faster guide and maybe who else knows what. (Quicker way for closed captioning, no timezone bug?)

Maybe this is part of that agreement ending? (If what I remember is true.)
Message 41 of 49 (1,355 Views)
Expert

Microsoft sold it's Mediaroom software to Ericcson.

http://www.ericsson.com/news/1727445

Message 42 of 49 (1,330 Views)
Employee

I can say from 3 years experience in the field that I only came upon 2 customers (average 3-6 customers per day) that had XBoxes as receivers. I'm sure the relationship changing between AT&T and Microsoft and the low ratio of customers played a role in all of this. To me, the XBox app just seemed a little clunky compared to using the same type of remote in every room. For those that are thinking about jumping ship, get in touch with the retention department. I'm sure they can make you reconsider your decision.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 43 of 49 (1,272 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Hunger1979, in agreement...in two years averaging 70 plus jobs per month, over 1600 unique visits only had 1 customer using xbox 360 as a receiver.
Employee Contributor*
Message 44 of 49 (1,266 Views)
Contributor

Discontinuing XBOX support is very dissapointing. Back in 2010 when I was shopping cable providers, the deciding factor to go with UVERSE was the XBOX support. It made "one remote to rule them all" possible to which the spouse totally loved. Gone were the days of switching inputs. *sigh*

In the era of providers trying to get on as many devices as possible, it seems as though AT&T is regressing. I never saw an update for the app after it was orignally installed, so surely it's not a move to reduce support cost.

I wish they could just leave it out there without support until Microsoft puts out a release that breaks compatibility, instead of pulling the most used app on my xbox.

Message 45 of 49 (1,191 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.