mtavery24's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 3:32 PM

U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Has their been any talk on when U-Verse will be integrated in with Xbox 360?  I thought this was suppose to happen towards beginning of this year?  Both Verizon FIOS and Comcast Infinity have integration but where in U-Verse?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

So people are mad because they'll have to pay $7/mo for each STB in lieu of an XBOX?

Time Warner charges $10/mo for each basic box. If you want that to be a DVR or hooked up to a DVR, you'll have to pay an additional fee per DVR. Two DVRs from Time Warner would cost me something like $30/mo.

Other cable providers will absolutely charge for additional boxes and may even chaege for additional DVRs.

AT&T charges me $10/mo for boxes. I have one DVR and one additional box...U-300 and up get their first extra box fee waived.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Some of us bought xbox 360 consoles to use as uverse receivers, so we could have our own equipment/combined media hub. We paid the price to do this and it was worth it because it minimized the amount of equipment you needed in each room. I have the 450 package and rent one dvr. It makes more sense to use the xbox as a reciever. ATT makes more than enough money from me and shouldn't be worried with the additional $7-14 they are hoping to get out of this.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

I honestly dont even care about the $7 a month, I have a STB that is seldom used on my 2nd TV in my game room. What ticks me off the most is that the Xbox was a darn near perfect "all-in-one" box that ran the uverse IPTV software better than any of the other STBs in the house. There are also several issue I now have to deal with by switching to a standard STB. One that give me the most angst right now is the fact that the location the Xbox is currently at only had Cat-6 cable and I am not sure if I have to run coax onto that wall location now in order to connect a standard STB.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

You can get a wireless receiver and no cables needed.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

A standard STB can be connected to the RG using that Cat6 Ethernet cable just fine.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

A standard STB can be connected to the RG using that Cat6 Ethernet cable just fine.

I was going on the assumption that the Xbox was using the CAT 6?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I was figuring that it only needed to be hard wired for video, that it could go Wireless for Internet access.

That may be a bad assumption on my part.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Would have no clue since I don't own one nor do I want to!!

The last controller I used for a gaming system was one of these:

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

I think I read something about AT&T and Microsoft ending their agreement. I want to say people were surmising that there'd be a new format for the on-screen guide which would hopefully lead to a faster guide and maybe who else knows what. (Quicker way for closed captioning, no timezone bug?)

Maybe this is part of that agreement ending? (If what I remember is true.)

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

Microsoft sold it's Mediaroom software to Ericcson.

http://www.ericsson.com/news/1727445

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.