mtavery24's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 3:32 PM

U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Has their been any talk on when U-Verse will be integrated in with Xbox 360?  I thought this was suppose to happen towards beginning of this year?  Both Verizon FIOS and Comcast Infinity have integration but where in U-Verse?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

So, I called tech support. They informed me that the receiver app for the xbox is being disabled due to the new xbox being released. I am pretty sure that a new and separate console would have absolutely nothing to do with the old one that is functioning perfectly fine. Support also would not confirm that the app will ever be supported again or re-enabled. I believe that smoke is being blown.. they are, however, sorry for the inconvenience. -still unhappy

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Im with you pal, the Xbox 360 STB app was the best cable experiance in my house. I was close to jumping providers several times but did not want to lose my access to the Xbox 360 app. Now that they took that from me I have no reason to stick around, the new Comcast X1 boxes are pretty fast and have tons of features.,

What a debacle, first AT&T was not able to update the app with Kinect functions, then stopping new request to add Xbox 360 app, now this?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

What crap! the Xbox 360 STB app was the only reason I stuck around.

Former Employee

• 

162 Messages

10 years ago

I do apologize about this inconvenience. I always thought that this was a very unique feature that we offered our customer's. Hopefully we are in the works of creating a new app or updating the app for the 360.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I did read on here somewhere that AT&T was offering a $99 credit to people using the XBox as a receiver.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@cpow99 wrote:

This is the latest in a series of moves by AT&T to show me how much they value my business. Come January, I will show them my appreciation by reducing the number of bills they send out each month by one. Thanks AT&T. 

I love anonymous threats on the internet. Don't worry cpow99, for every person who leaves like you, AT&T U-Verse will be gaining a lot more subscribers in return. Good luck with your new provider.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Some "A.C.E." you are dwinth. cpow99 has a genuine gripe and all you do is discount his complaint by basically calling him an anonymous internet cry baby. I know those are not your words but that is what your response essentially says.

So AT&T U-Verse's strategy is to push people away? I guess that is one way to run things, I have no idea how to run a company and if you say “every person who leaves like [cpow99], AT&T U-Verse will be gaining a lot more subscribers in return,” I have not data to argue against you. It wouldn’t be my approach, but AT&T is making money hand over fist and their customer service does seem to try to lose as many customers as they possibly can.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

This is true, however, I have two xboxes and the $99 doesn't cover what I have put into runnning network cables through my walls (and the port wall covers), paying for uverse installation packages, and buying xbox gold for both machines. The way that we use these two xbox consoles are solely as recievers and for netflix. I wouldn't have even purchased them if i knew this would happen.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

It is an amazing feature and makes it okay for me to have to pay a premium price for uverse internet/tv, and even my att iphones (which has the mobile uverse remote). It's a little "extra", and sometimes that, in itself, makes all the difference. It showed me that they supported their customer base and offered alternative means for differing setups. We use the main reciever, in the den, to record our shows. Using an xbox in each spare room, we could playback/record the movies from/to the reciever in the den or simply watch live shows. It was perfect and minimal. Now, however, I would need to pay for two additional recievers per month as well as keep the xbox around to watch netflix. IMO, that is too many boxes to keep up with in each room. The xbox 360 is not changing it's interface. I really can't understand why ATT won't simply keep up the existing software reciever app for their loyal customer base who have had it. This has really frustrated me. Support would not verify if there was even an app planned for the xbox one, but that ATT would disable the current xbox 360 app because of the new xbox!?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I'm pretty upset about this decision. I absolutely refuse to have to pay for two extra recievers for my back rooms. I will likely be moving my service or simpy going with roku, netflix, amazon and hulu. The latter being much cheaper but multiple services. I (among many others) pay ATT a nice car payment each month, which should be adequate enough for ATT to continue to provide this receiver app.

Explorer

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

I, too, am pretty puzzled/annoyed with this decision.  They have not even said they are working on anything related to the XBox One having a dedicated app so this just screams "hey how are these customers getting away with not having to pay us even more money a month for renting more cable boxes".  Getting an XBox One, and a STB and running it through the XBox One is NOT an adequate or cost effective solution for those that currently have this feature.  From everyone I have talekd to who has this, the XBox 360 seemed to work perfectly fine as a STB and I would love to know why they are just not allowing this anymore. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.