U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Mentor

U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Has their been any talk on when U-Verse will be integrated in with Xbox 360?  I thought this was suppose to happen towards beginning of this year?  Both Verizon FIOS and Comcast Infinity have integration but where in U-Verse?

Message 1 of 49 (7,957 Views)
Expert

Re: U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Some people are using XB as an STB, but that project has now been ceased, temporarily.  No idea when they will start it up again.

Apparently those who already have XB as an STB, there is an App.  Otherwise, you'll never see it.

Message 2 of 49 (7,595 Views)
ACE - Professor

The only way to get the old app is by ordering it previiously from AT&T before November of last year.  No idea when the new app is coming out but it is supposed to include the ability to download the app via Xbox Live and have Kinect integration.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 49 (7,556 Views)
Expert

Thanks for that info. Smiley Happy

Now I still wonder why they decided to pull it?  Some people have it, so obviously integration updates isn't a problem?

americangame wrote:

The only way to get the old app is by ordering it previiously from AT&T before November of last year.  No idea when the new app is coming out but it is supposed to include the ability to download the app via Xbox Live and have Kinect integration.

Message 4 of 49 (7,530 Views)
ACE - Professor

spd2demun wrote:

Thanks for that info. Smiley Happy

Now I still wonder why they decided to pull it?  Some people have it, so obviously integration updates isn't a problem?

americangame wrote:

I think they pulled the old system because the new one was supposed to be in place around November of last year.  The current app don't work as well as the Verizon or Comcast ones do (i'm in the new Dashboard beta so I can't talk about what it doesn't do what I think it should yet)  It would be nice to hear from AT&T or Microsoft about the status of the new u-verse app.

-------

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 49 (7,456 Views)
Expert

Keep us posted!  I'm interested because I could save on a box rental. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 49 (7,445 Views)
Mentor

Robot Mad So it's been a year and no news Robot Frustrated. Microsft already released a new (yearly) update for the Xbox 360 Dashbord and we still have not gotten the AT&T app for the old one. Why do I have the feeling that AT&T dont want any part of the Xbox any more. Too bad, I was able to get the Xbox App before they stopped, it was the only reason I picked Uverse over Comcast, but now that comcast has the app I might jump providers.

Message 7 of 49 (6,842 Views)
ACE - Professor

You do know that the Comcast app on the Xbox is only their VOD selection and not live TV.
-------

Message 8 of 49 (6,767 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

yeah i also have been wating very patiently for this xbox 360/kinect integrated version of the uverse app... i was lucky enough to get the uverse app before the suspended sales of it.  They need to get this going ASAP.  I know the Comcast is just their VOD but the Verizon FIOS is not... its not all the channels but it still is live tv.  and with the new dashboard update, they now have a TV/Video tab wehre you can search for tv shows and view the tv guides.. This is why it needs to get integrated... so i can start viewing the tv guide and searching for tv shows on Uverse without having to go into the Uverse App.  Is anybody within ATT aware if they are still working on this or has it been scrapped?

Message 9 of 49 (6,763 Views)
Voyager

The service and the ability to install it is still available. Just not through ATT. I did this last month and it works great. You can use either an HPNA adapter or ethernet:

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/downloadable-content/7759-t-u-verse...

Message 10 of 49 (3,623 Views)

Discontinuing Xbox 360 for Uverse receiver by Dec 31st 2013??

Why is ATT discontinuing these capable machines as recievers? I paid for xbox gold on two boxes (~$120), and remotes/setups and have been happily using these along with our main reciever for service. What is the reason to discontinue them now and with only a 1 month warning? I am unhappy with this decision because we are already paying for a HUGE cable bill in which we are forced to purchase hundreds of worthless tv channels just to get the 8-10 that we usually watch, rent one current dvr reciever per month, AND have paid for the aformentioned fees to setup and run uverse from two xbox 360s. We also have 2 iphones with data from ATT. Are you not making enough money from all of us to be able to continue to provide this simple service? This was one of the main reasons that I stayed with ATT. I do not want to have an extra reciever taking up space, along with a tv and an xbox, in every room. After my contract ends, I will not be renewing with ATT. I consider this to be a blatantly greedy move. -a very unhappy customer.

Message 11 of 49 (3,619 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Discontinuing Xbox 360 for Uverse receiver by Dec 31st 2013??

I don't blame you for being upset.  I had a device that AT&T sold called "HomeManager".  Was, if I remember correctly, about $350.  Had a 6 inch screen and you could get your VM along with other goodies, and I had 4 cordless handsets that worked with it.

I had it for about 9 months to a year and BAM!!  AT&T shut down the HomeManager server so the only thing that worked anymore was the cordless phones.  Pretty expensive cordless solution I had left.

I know it doesn't answer or address your situation but to let you know AT&T does this "stuff" time to time.  I guess this is one of those times. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 12 of 49 (3,591 Views)
Mentor

AT&T U-Verse dropping the Xbox 360 receiver

U-Verse is dropping Xbox 360 support receiver after Decemeber 31, 2013. AT&T is now telling customers that it will drop IPTV support for Microsoft's older console after December 31st, leaving viewers with little choice but to use a conventional set-top box. Subscribers will get a $99 credit in return for their troubles, the provider says.

Message 13 of 49 (3,696 Views)
Tutor

Re: AT&T U-Verse dropping the Xbox 360 receiver

This is the latest in a series of moves by AT&T to show me how much they value my business. Come January, I will show them my appreciation by reducing the number of bills they send out each month by one. Thanks AT&T. 

Message 14 of 49 (3,686 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: AT&T U-Verse dropping the Xbox 360 receiver

cpow99 wrote:

This is the latest in a series of moves by AT&T to show me how much they value my business. Come January, I will show them my appreciation by reducing the number of bills they send out each month by one. Thanks AT&T. 

I love anonymous threats on the internet. Don't worry cpow99, for every person who leaves like you, AT&T U-Verse will be gaining a lot more subscribers in return. Good luck with your new provider.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 15 of 49 (3,682 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.