Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U-Verse Modem - Rent or Buy Options?

Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Contributor

U-Verse Modem - Rent or Buy Options?

Can I buy a Fiber Optic Modem instead of renting one from AT&T? What are the necessary specs?

Message 1 of 76
ACE - Expert

Re: U-Verse Modem - Rent or Buy Options?

@wdbferever   Here's a link to the TERMS OF SERVICE and I've bolded the parts you are unclear on.  (please note:  Everyone who has ATT Internet is bound by the same TOS, no exceptions)

6. Payment

You agree to pay in full each month: (1) the monthly fee specified when you ordered your Service; (2) any charge(s) for equipment required for your Service; (3) activation fees, connection and/or installation charges, if any; (4) late fees, Service Restoral Fees, and other applicable Service charges; and (4) any applicable taxes, recovery fees and surcharges that AT&T pays to municipalities and other governmental entities and may pass on to you. For a list of additional fees that could apply to the Service, please see the applicable Fee Schedules, which are expressly incorporated herein by reference.

Schedule 2:

If you have not purchased Internet Equipment from AT&T or if previously purchased Internet Equipment is beyond the one-year (1-year) warranty period (from date of installation) and requires replacement, then you agree to pay a monthly equipment fee for the Internet Equipment, as part of your purchase of or continued use of the Service and/or other AT&T services. Equipment fees and purchase options depend on the AT&T Services and/or rate plans you order and the installation options you choose.

You must accept this Agreement as a condition of receiving the Service.

You have to realize that AT&T has a room full of lawyers who write these legal Terms of Service and make sure everything is covered.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 76 of 76
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support