Jeffster's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

Friday, November 18th, 2011 3:28 PM

This doesn't look right

I have been having some picture freeze and pixelation at times lately, so I took a look at my Realtime stats and I don't know much about what it all means but even I know something is not right.

ErrorTable-2011-11-18-09-00-56.pngBitloading-2011-11-18-09-01-14.pngStats-2011-11-18-09-01-24.png

A little background, I just had my RG replaced a few weeks ago when the old RG(3800) went bad after 2 1/2 years of no problems. ATT sent out  the new RG 3801 and that's when I started having problems.

One thing that I noticed on the "IP/Profile" was that my Max Rate(was 35,000) is much lower now then before and the "Dist. of Vrad"  is much higher(was 1800'). Also my old "Error Table" was pretty clean.

I also know that ATT was working in the neighborhood on the lines and at the VRAD just after I had my RG replaced so I don't know if they did something to my line or not.

I have not called TS yet because it is a dreaded path which I found when my service was out trying to get the RG replaced.

I'm not sure if I have a line problem or there is something in my house causing the problem so  I'm  asking here first and then I will send an e-mail to David.

Jeff

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

12 years ago

Back up and running!!

An ATT (lineman) came out yesturday afternoon, he was here when I got home for work. Said that he replaced the line from the pole to my house and also there was a problem down the line from the pole. As I mentioned inmy first post that recently ATT was doing work in the area and he said one of my wires must of got nicked which was the main problem. So thing are know back to working Smiley Very Happy

Here are my new stats

Stats-2011-11-22-10-08-09.png

ErrorTable-2011-11-22-10-08-22.png

Bitloading-2011-11-22-10-08-38.png

Now for my other issue, my DVR which since friday has not worked(lost recordings, not recording and flashing record light). I called this morning and after resets and they are sending me a new DVR. 

After dealing with tech support on numerous occasions over that last week the longest  I was on the phone for one call was 45 mins. which was this morning. My experience have been a little painful but nothing to complain about.

3 Attachments

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

It isni't right.  Call TS using the phone number in my sig and ask the csr to run a test on your services.  When they see the errors request that a tech be sent out to check your services at your home.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

I also received a new 3801HGV a few weeks ago.  One thing that I notice on your screenshot is that your firmware is different than the one that I have.  My firmware version is 6.3.7.40.

Why don't you try doing a factory reset on your RG by holding down the Rest button for about 30 seconds then releasing it.  Of course you will have to re-set up any customized changes that you have made.

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

12 years ago

Jeff:  My understanding about using David's group from their guidelines are that  they need an exisiting case number  before they can act, and I believe this requires you to report the problem to TS, which generates the case number..

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Shyster951 wrote:

Jeff:  My understanding about using David's group from their guidelines are that  they need an exisiting case number  before they can act, and I believe this requires you to report the problem to TS, which generates the case number..

True.  David's group does want you go give Technical Support a change to succeed or fail at resolving your problem before contacting that group.

Having the actual case number is good, but not necessary because his group will access your account to see the service history.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

I also received a new 3801HGV a few weeks ago.  On thing that notice on your screenshot is that your firmware is different than the one that I have.  My firmware version is 6.3.7.40.

Why don't you try doing a factory reset on your RG by holding down the Rest button for about 30 seconds then releasing it.  Of course you will have to re-set up any customized changes that you have made.

Thanks for the idea, I will try it when I get home and will report back.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

If that doesn't work, I'd have then change the RG out again. Firmware 6.3.5.19 hasn't been a valid firmware version for the 3801HGV for several months, which means that modem didn't update when it was supposed to, and it got recycled to you from the previous customer. Thus, I deduce that there's something wrong with it.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

12 years ago

Well after a couple of attempts of pushing and holding in the Reset I got the firmware to update but still having problems.

Stats-2011-11-18-19-10-50 new.png

ErrorTable-2011-11-18-19-09-40 new.png

Bitloading-2011-11-18-19-10-12 new.png

Well I will give TS a call and see what they come up with.

Thanks for the help.

3 Attachments

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

You definitely have some issues.  Your Max Rate is less than the profile that you are on.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

12 years ago

Update:

I didn't have a chance to call TS over the weekend so I called this morning(8:05).

The automated system ran a check on my line which came back with a problem on the outside line.

The system set up a tech visit sometime today before 8pm and that I would not have to be home so I will see what happens.

Also this weekend the DVR started having problems, all recording were gone and the red recording light was blinking and nothing was getting recorded.

So after my appointment was set up I then told the automated system I wanted to talk to TS and was then transferred to them.

I asked about the DVR and was told that it might have something to do with the outside line, so once the line is fixed and if the DVR is still not working to call back.

Total time on the phone 15 min.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.