Third party 802.11n router behind the RG?

Contributor

Third party 802.11n router behind the RG?

Any problem with putting a Cisco (Linksys) 802.11n router behind the RG and turning off the wireless in the RG?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Community Support

Re: Third party 802.11n router behind the RG?

Hi @MBinEbay ,

There is definitely no problem with it, as that is the way I have it setup. If you do have any issues with the configurations, let us know what issues you are encountering, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

You can set it up as a router, or if you just want the 802.11n access without the additional router functionality, you can configure it to act as an access point:

Access Point: see post 13 in this thread

Router: see post 2 in this thread

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Great.  Thanks for the confirmation!

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks tp JefferMC as well for the additional links!

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support