Helpful Links

Thinking about getting U-verse, question about hardware setup

Contributor

Thinking about getting U-verse, question about hardware setup

Hello,

I do not have U-verse yet, but am thinking about getting it, specifically TV and internet. For various reasons I do not want to include my existing phone service (which is with AT&T) in the U-verse bundle. My current setup with the phones is that I have two phone lines (billed separately) with phones connected to various phone jacks throughout the house.

My question is: Once the U-verse installation is complete, will the existing phone hardware setup continue to work, or will it have to be changed?

John

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Thinking about getting U-verse, question about hardware setup

jalcaraz50 - Yor phone setup should not be impacted.

In January 2007 I had the exact same situation - Two POTS phones installing U-verse TV & internet. No impact to phones.

Installed NID on outside of house breaks out phone connection (existing phone feed) & RG connection (existing coax cable feed).

Since then I have disconnected the second phone line, which also did not have any impact on the remaining POTS line or U-verse service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Expert

You can keep your AT&T landlines with U-verse internet and U-verse TV.  No phone hardware changes would be needed.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response, guys!

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support