harryc_1's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Thursday, March 1st, 2012 4:00 AM

The button on the front of gateway 3801hgv, is this for pairing?

I have an HP wireless printer that pairs with a router by handshaking. The button on the front of my router appears to be that handshaking button, but it doesn't seem to function. Is this what that button is suppose to be for?

If not, anyone know how I can get my hp photosmart plus  printer to connect with this router?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

That is a WPS button, to make it work, you have to go into the gateway settings and it is under Wireless and it is disabled by default. To make it work you would have to select Enable than save your settings.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

All you should have to do is type in the security code of the RG in your printer.  Can your printer discover the wireless network?  If so then select the network.  The wireless passcode is located on the side of your RG.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I saw this post and found the route to my resolving my problems.  I would add that the gateway settings are accessed by entering this web address in your browser:  http://x.xxx.x.xxx.  This number is your IP address.  Once you get to the page, you can set the WPS to ENABLED.  Then the button will light up when you press it to sync with the printer.

I spent an hour with an ATT rep and she couldn't think of this solution.  Anyways, I finally got it after 2 days of floundering around.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

I know this post is old, but I'm trying to enable mine and it's asking for a PIN.  I've tried everything I can think of and don't know the PIN...

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

So the button on the front is to sync with devices.....good to know. Most other modems/gateways this means on or off....

On page 71 of the PDF Manual they explain it's usage.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

So the button on the front is to sync with devices.....good to know. Most other modems/gateways this means on or off....

On page 71 of the manual they explain the use of the front button.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.