bighugs's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 4:03 AM

Synology Diskstation not showing in DHCP table of new 5268ac router

New AT&T 5268ac router was installed in my house connected to my Synology Diskstation DS211j.

Disk station is not showing in DHCP table. The lan light flickers for a second and then goes out for a few seconds and repeats.

I can directly connect it to my windows machine but I cannot connect via LAN. It is not showing up in Synology assistant.

That port it is connected to shows no activity on the router. Port says DOWN.

I've spent hours at this trying various things which led me to a reset of the box and a reinstall of the OS by holding down the reset button twice.

The box is sitting there with an orange flashing light waiting for me to reconfigure the new OS... and is still not in the DHCP.

The lan light flickers for a second and then goes out for a few seconds and repeats.

I've reached my limits on this one... Can anyone please help me bring this back online?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

@bighugs

You are experiencing an Ethernet auto-negotiation issue. On the 5268ac, disable Auto-detect on the Ethernet port you are using and set it for 100BaseT/Full Duplex. You may want to configure for 1000BaseT/Full Duplex but the 5268ac configuration does not give you that option though it will connect at 1Gbps, mine does.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion @ApexRon.

Unfortunately it does not solve my problem... 

Synology support said to connect a switch between them. I might go throw 50 bucks at that today... 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Synology support suggested I buy a switch and put it between the disk station and the router.

It worked 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.