Switching from a Pace 3801HGV to 4111N Troubleshoooting help!

Highlighted
Contributor

Switching from a Pace 3801HGV to 4111N Troubleshoooting help!

I bought a Pace 4111N from Amazon thinking that it would be compatable with Uverse to switch out my other model/router but the broadband light stays red. I've tried adding the MAC address manually but it doesn't work. AT&T tech support wasn't any help either. I know how to access the config website but have had no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Another thing, I only have internet with ATT but it shows as Uverse.....

Message 1 of 2 (535 Views)
Employee

Re: Switching from a Pace 3801HGV to 4111N Troubleshoooting help!

Having a 3801 RG means you have Uverse VDSL, the 4111 is a DSL mode and is not compatible, will not work.

VDSL Uverse requires an ATT gateway with proper authority software.

For LEASED RGs these are 3800, 3801, 3812 inid and 589.

If have internet only (PRO, ELITEm MAX, MAX PLUS or MAX TURBO) or have internet/VoIP only services as a single line install may purchase either the 3600 or 5031 (either is $100) And comes with a one year warranty. After the year, any problems buying another.

Recommend talking to SALES, ordering the correct RG, returning the 3801 via a UPS store (be sure to save tracking number). Once the company has received the 3801 and verified not abused the $7 lease fee will be removed. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (530 Views)