Dorismash's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 6:35 PM

Closed

Streaming Netflix Data usage

How much data should a 1 hour movie streamming from Netflix use?  My At&t homebase bill last month was almost a thousand dollars.  If this is going to continue I can rent movies cheaper.  I have never used this much data streamming with other methods of internet connections. Why does the "HomeBase" use so much data?  What can I do to reduce my usage when watching Netflix?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

Based on ATT's data calculator, 1 hr of streaming an HD show is equivalent to 2.5 GB.

Visit this link for more information: https://www.att.com/esupport/data-calculator/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you 😄

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I don't know if this is the answer, but think so.....In your Netflix settings the resolution can be set to Good Better or Best. By default it's set to Best---Changing to Better will cut your data usage in half. I stream all day every day with a Fire Stick and Philo and my usage runs about 300 GB a month. NO WHERE NEAR THE TB MAXIMUM. When I had it on BEST it was high data usage. Also see is there maybe a setting on Firestick. I know there's a place to change that setting  on Roku's under Preferences in your account. I'm using a Firestick right now and don't have those settings

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 months ago

Thanks for the advice but this thread is 6 years and will be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.