For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
OnTheEdge's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 9:38 PM

Strange Bitloading pattern

Would anyone here care to comment on my connection? While my service is usually pretty good, the bitloading pattern I see here seems very strange to me.

I apologize if I've put in too many pics. I thought more might be better.

The only trouble shooting I have done so far is to shut off everything electrical in the room with the modem to see if something was interfering, but that was no help.

I was considering taking the modem outside to the NID to see if it could be a problem between there and the modem, but I have not done that yet.

I am not even sure if this is a "problem". Our internet speed is usually good, but it has trouble sometimes. We don't watch enough TV for me to know if we have problems there. A single HD stream is always perfect. I notice some stuttering in a video on demand movie we watched the other night while the DVR was recording something else, but that could be normal?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

For your distance, the bitloading graph looks acceptable. There is an interference at around 1.3 MHz (perhaps a close AM radio station at 1300 kHz?) but it doesn't look to be causing any problems.

There's a few errors in the error table, but it's about what would be expected from someone at your distance.

If you're not getting any service interruptions like pixelation, freezing, or Internet problems, then I'd say there's probably nothing wrong.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

No need to apologize.  Just hang on, there will be someone here to let you know whats going on with that Bitloading graph,  I think there could be a bridge tap somewhere in your service, but I am not sure.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you very much. It helps to have someone tell me that it is "good". Once in a while things go badly with my connection, but it is always better before I can even get past waiting on hold, much less have anyone come look at it.
Knowing it is good normally and that I am a long way out helps me to relax and know I don't have a problem waiting to happen.
The next time things go badly with my connection I will watch the graphs and error count. Knowing what my baseline in will help me know if the issues is external or internal.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.