For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
wyo007's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 2:10 PM

How to separate 2.4 and 5ghz on BGW210-700

Is it possible to split the 2.4 and 5 ghz frequencies on a BGW210-700 modem? I have a device that can only run on 2.4 ghz. If so, is it something I can do myself or do I need to call in?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

@wyo007

Using your favorite web browser you should be able to get into the configuration of the BGW210. On the Home Network/WiFi configuration screen 5 GHz and then just change the current SSID by adding 5G to the end of the existing.

wifi-setup-86417.jpg

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do I get to that screen?

Employee

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do I get to the above screen?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Gateway's url is http://192.168.1.254.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

HI

I've been following. Once I get to that screen, what do I do.  I am trying to set up Zmodo security camera.  I believe it says pending on that screen.  Cannot tell what GHz its on or how to make sure its on 2.4

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Did you get your Zmodo security doorbell camera to work?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Add 2.5ghz to slide name for 2.5ghz radio and 5ghz to end of 5ghz radio skid name save and you're fine to go!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

test

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

With the latest Smart Home Manager web page, there is no longer the option of selecting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz from a drop down list and naming the SSIDs uniquely. Nor does it allow you to enable or disable the individual networks,  Please provide direction for how to uniquely name the 2.4GHz and 5GHz and.or enable / diablle them individually using the most recent interface

• 

1 Message

@jaws1969 For anybody looking for an answer in 2020: I just had to call the ATT support number. Phone keypad options 1 (to get to uverse and dns etc.) then 2 (for wifi help). May be different depending on when you call. Connected me to a customer support agent, just explained that I want separate names for my 2.4 and 5ghz channels. He said there's no option to do it online anymore but they can do it for me on their end. They got it all taken care of, split it into two and added a 2.4 and a 5 to the end of the different network names. Called late at night and got instantly connected, will probably be a different story if you call during busy hours.

• 

1 Message

@dunkelsburgers Just got off the phone with support, turns out they have moved the menu option but it should be accessible unless you have a much older model router.

It's now under: Home Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced Options. Advanced Options will be a small link near the top of the page above "Home SSID". When you expand the options you will have the ability to name the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks separately.

If you don't have this option, your router is probably an older model and you will still have to call support: 1-888-855-2338.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

their should be a guest wif 2.4ghz only  listed just under the 5ghz/2.4ghz that reads off.you can give this a name [fill in the box ] then turn in on.if want you can fill in the password box,.some people leave it blank for  their guest to use . then search for a internet net connection and select the the the name of the service and you running a 2.4ghz connection.

denny

-

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.