jwtjr999's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 12:03 AM

Sony BD-570 won't connect to AT&T 2 Wire Modem!

The Sony message boards are full of this problem, yet after talking to their tech support (useless) for over 2 hours, no solution, and they say with a straight face this is the first time they've encountered it.  Also spoke with AT&T's (paid; $50 down the drain) tech support people for another 2 hours, and they couldn't solve it.  After waiting 20 minutes to schedule an in-home visit, I decided against throwing good money after bad.  I'm still stuck with no internet connectivity between my wireless BD player and my great, new wireless router!  My old D-Link router worked just fine.

My question to this forum is, has anyone else encountered this problem with the Sony BDP-570 and the AT&T wireless modem/router and found a solution?  I have to believe the answer is yes!  If so and that person is reading this, please help!  I've tried everything I can think of; the only thing left to try is to snake a cable through the attic and hard wire the thing. Ugh...

Thanks in advance!

Johnny T from Texas

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Here is another link to a tutorial with interactive instructions by type of player to set up Netflix.  Select your model and proceed with the instructions.  I selected "other" for the type router since Uverse or 2 wire was not an option.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/tutorial-display.pl?tut_id=564

Your problem might be with the type of security set up on the wireless network.  Your old DSL modem was probably different than the new Uverse set up causing the two not to see or link up to each other.  The steps in the link above walk you thru finding out what your wireless is set to and how to join the player to the network.  Good Luck!!

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

I just had a couple of other ideas.  There is a setting in the menu to return the player back to factory default.  If the above doesn't work try returning the player to default and start over.  That way it will erase all settings it had before and you can start fresh.

You might also want to try to plug it in to the router with an ethernet cable to see if it will connect to the internet thru the ethernet port.  If it does at least you know the player is working correctly.  Then unplug the ethernet cable and try to set up wireless before moving it.  You didn't mention how far away the player is from the router.  If the wireless works then move it to it's home and see if it works.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same problem here. My router worked fine with sony player then i upgraded to a-uverse and my router connection does not work. I called att that could not do anything to fix. Only fix so far has been direct connection.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Me also.  What to do Att has been out twice and then I lost connictivy and never can get an internet connection.  Please help this old lady, 73 some of you young smart savvy tech geniouses.  Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Same here.  If you have any solution, please post.  Thanks

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi all,

Changing the WEP encryption may help.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I am running the same Blu Ray DVD player via wireless using a static IP and Google DNS.

Here are some pointers from Sony on this issue:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35983

for DNS, I am using 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4

You may need to do a firmware update on the Sony

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.