MichaelVan0200's profile

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

Sunday, May 28th, 2017 10:07 PM

Smart TV NetFlix App shows low internet speed

I have a LG 4K UHD TV model 55UF6450. I subscribe to U-Verse 450 TV, Internet 45 and Phone. For the past couple of weeks I often have loading/buffering interruptions during streaming movies on Netflix App on the TV. I checked the internet speed using WiFi from my iPhone 6 plus a few feet from my RG which registers around 40Mbps. I also checked the speed using WiFi from my laptop and it also shows around 40Mbps. I checked the internet speed from an app from the LG store on my TV and it also registers the speed around 40Mbps. When I go to the settings section of the Netflix app on the TV and check the speed it registers around 12Mbps. I use wired connections regarding the TV. I have switched from wired to WiFi and back and still the Netflix TV app shows the speed to be around 12 Mbps. Communication with Netflix reveals nothing wrong with the system. I reset the TV back to factory settings and reinstalled the Netflix app and nothing is changed. The TV's software is current. Does anyone know what the problem is? Thank You.

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Have you checked on your phone and laptop if you have the same issues while using the Netflix app.

-ATTU-verseCare 

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I have, one of my smart tv's app is a internet speed check app. I checked the speed using the app installed in the smart tv and I was told the speed was 39 to 41Mbps.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.