Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Smart TV Internet Troubleshooting

Highlighted
Community Support

Smart TV Internet Troubleshooting

Did your smart TV recently lose the internet connection? If so, the following steps may help resolve the issues you are having. 

Make sure your internet is connection is working - use a laptop or smart device to verify.
Verify the network settings on the TV, Network Name and Password, match what is on the modem.
Reset the Modem.
Reset the network settings on the TV - your instruction manual should have these steps listed.
Unplug the TV from Power.
Samsung TV DNS Update
Using your TV Remote: Press Menu then go to Settings > Network

Select Network Settings > Start > IP Settings
Select DNS mode. Verify tge green check is on "manual"
Enter 8 8 8 8 and OK

The above steps may differ between Samsung device. Make sure to post your finds or tips below.

Sony Troubleshooting
Have a Sony Smart TV? Click here to check out their troubleshooting steps

In some instances, a firmware update to the TV has caused the issue. AT&T does not have the ability to resolve items of this nature. If you have other devices that are able to connect to the network, this tell us the internet connection is fine and the issue lies with the device. Contacting the manufacturer is highly recommended.

- ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎06-13-2017 10:24 AM

Re: Smart TV Internet Troubleshooting

Are you having trouble with your Smart TV internet connection? Check out the information above!

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support