Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Smart Home Manager - Learn How To Personalize Your Network

Community Support

Smart Home Manager - Learn How To Personalize Your Network

Smart.gifThe Smart Home Manager just got smarter! Personalize your home Wi-Fi network and more with our free app for AT&T Internet customers. 

The Smart Home Manager gives you easy access to all the home network information you need. You can:

• Register your account before your install date to gain access to the U-verse App.
  • View devices connected to your network
  • Invite guests to connect to your network via email
  • Disconnect devices from your network (with some Wi-Fi gateways)
  • View your Wi-Fi network information
  • Change your Wi-Fi network name or password

Note: Smart Home Manager features vary by Wi-Fi gateway model.

Accessing Smart Home Manger

You can access via:

Smart Home Options

Register your Account

What you need:

• Account Number - If you're not sure what your Account Number is, learn how to find it.
  • Passcode - This is the unique passcode that was setup when you ordered your service.

The Smart Home Manager App makes it easy to register your account. Once you have the information above, launch the Smart Home Manager app and follow the instructions. It will guide you step by step in setting up your userID, password, and setup your security questions.

Home Page

The home page displays the total number of devices connected to their network, based on the time you log into Smart Home Manager. If you want to refresh to see the most current number of devices on the network, select Refresh, and Smart Home Manager updates with any of the added devices.

The home page will show how many of each device is connected. To find out more about the devices, click on the device icon.

At the bottom, there are options to go to the Device Page or Invite Guest.

Invite Guest 

This option lets you E-mail your WiFi information to a guest. If you are accessing the Smart Home network on desktop, when clicking the icon, it will pull up your default E-mail program listed on your computer.  If you are accessing it on a mobile device, it will take you to your default messaging app.

Enter the guest's E-mail address or contact information and a message will already be composed with the network name and password to your guest network.

Smart Home Home Page.png

Device Page

The device page shows all the devices connected to your network. The devices highlighted with green dots are currently connected to the network. The devices that are grayed out are not showing on the network currently.

From here, you can select each device to find out more about it.

On select gateways, you will be able to enable/disable the WiFI access for that device

Smart Home Device Page.png

Network Page

The Network tab provides your Wi-Fi name and password for each of your networks, and indicates whether the Wi-Fi is enabled.

From here you can change your network name or your network password by clicking the right arrow next to the appropriate field.

You can also disable/enable the guest network, and under Advanced options, you can reboot the gateway.

Support Page

Find all the popular solutions to problems you may experience.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 20
Employee

Account Registration and Activation

The Smart Home Manager makes it easier to register and activate your account. Rather than going through att.net/uverse, you can now access the Smart Home Manager through the myAT&T app, your Desktop, the Troubleshooting & Resolve Online Tool or the Smart Home Manager app (Android or Apple).

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 20
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎05-18-2017 11:34 AM

Re: Smart Home Manager

Learn more about the Smart Home Manager here.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 20
Employee

when I use this application I am not able to disconnect devices I see on my network. Which routers support this?

Message 4 of 20

Hi AT&T,

This is a feature that I'd like to disable on my network so that no one, not even myself, can manage/see information about my network.  How can I DISABLE this feature from inside my house (i.e. *I* want to turn this off so I have confidence that no one, not even AT&T has visibility of my internal network structure/setup/configuration).

Thanks.

Message 5 of 20
Contributor

Exactly and NOONE at AT&T can tell us this. My wireless printer will not work wireless now due to this app. How can I get my wireless printer working on my network again!

Message 6 of 20
Contributor

This is exactly what I want - to BLOCK this feature completely - I can't believe this much power is accessible from a simple web login. How do I disable this - this seems like a huge security vulnerability. 

Message 7 of 20
Contributor

Same thing happened to me and AT&T support won't help unless you pay them...my network worked fine until I accessed SmartHome Manager through the My AT&T app.

Message 8 of 20

The AT&T modems are trivially vulnerable as shown on the link below.  This needs to be addressed ASAP -- what is AT&T doing to ensure the security of our modems and infrastructure?

Blog Link: https://www.nomotion.net/blog/sharknatto/

Message 9 of 20
ACE - Expert

@CrashNBurns wrote:

The AT&T modems are trivially vulnerable as shown on the link below.  This needs to be addressed ASAP -- what is AT&T doing to ensure the security of our modems and infrastructure?

Blog Link: https://www.nomotion.net/blog/sharknatto/

@CrashNBurns, the author of this blog has acted irresponsibly by not working with the vendor to allow it to work on the potential vulnerability before publicly disclosing it:Capture-2017-09-27-SharknadoBlog.PNG

When several posters mentioned that had a common setting enabled and couldn't confirm his findings that way, he admitted that he'd never tested it that way.  In short, the guy who posted this is an amateur looking for glory.  I'm not convinced there is actually a vulnerability at all.  He should at least submit it to someone who can have it added to the CVE catalog... maybe then AT&T would have an answer on it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 20
Contributor

they had me use this stupid app today and all of a sudden every one of my devices was blocked. Spent an hour on phone with tech support only to get my computer internet back up. My wireless printer still blocked. Did you find a solution?

Message 11 of 20
Contributor

They (ATT) had me use this stupid app today and without me even doing anything it blocked ALL my devices. I work from home so need internet. Spent another hour on phone getting at least my computer internet back up but printer still blocked. Did you find a resolution to problem? Really don't want to call them back

Message 12 of 20
Employee

I am sorry to say, that I have not found a solution.
Message 13 of 20
Highlighted
Contributor

I have the Smart Home Manager app installed on my Google Pixel phone, which I use to control Wi-Fi access at home.  Is there a way to actually prevent your device from being blocked by the app?  I don't know if the MAC address has anything to do with this.

Message 14 of 20
Contributor

Hi, does the "channel scan" function work as described? I'm receiving "WiFi interference" alerts from the app and it prompts me to channel scan. Just curious if it works

Message 15 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support