ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Thursday, May 18th, 2017 6:24 PM

Closed

How use AT&T Smart Home Manager to Imrpove Your Wi-Fi & More - Solutions from the AT&T Community

Learn how to improve your Wi-Fi Experience with our easy-to-use tool

Smart Home Manager is a great, easy-to-use tool that will allow you to 

Imrpove the Wi-Fi Signal, Change Your Wi-Fi Name & Password, and alot more!

How to get Smart Home Manager

1. Download it from the app store
  2. Use your AT&T Account ID to sign in. It is the same ID you use to sign in to your att.com account
  3. Transfer Your Internet Experience!

You can also sign into Smart Home Manager from a desktop.

Heads Up: If you are a new AT&T Internet subscriber, you'll need to register your account first. 

Check out our video on how to use Smart Home Manager

Heads up: Smart Home Manager features vary by Wi-Fi gateway model.

Key Smart Home Manager Tools 

Invite Guest

Send your network name and password to a guest through your phone. Depending on your phone, you can send it by email, text, and many other ways.

Speed Test

Run a speed test on your gateway to see what type of connection you are getting. If you notice any issues, use the Smart Home Manager app to help solve the problem. If that doesn't help, check out our support page that has many different things that have helped others in the past fix their issues.

Network Health Check

Check out the connection status of your devices. Go to the advanced tab to see if there are any weak connections. If you notice any issues, use the Smart Home Manager app to help solve the problem. If that doesn't help, check out our support page which has many different things that have helped others in the past fix their issues.

Data Usage

This is a great way to see what might be causing slow internet speeds. You can see what might be causing slower speeds or the time periods where you may experience a slowdown.

Data Usage.jpg

Wi-Fi Test

Use your phone to test the Wi-Fi connection in that area. 

WiFi Test Results.jpg

Channel Scan

Your WiFi signal will broadcast over a certain channel. You can think of it like a lane on a highway. If too many people are on the same channel, then you run into congestion. The channel scan will find the best lane for you and change to that channel.

Channel Scan.jpg

Things to know

The AT&T Community Team

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

5 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Learn more about the Smart Home Manager here.

-ATTU-verseCare

(edited)

Employee

• 

82 Messages

11 years ago

The Smart Home Manager makes it easier to register and activate your account. Rather than going through att.net/uverse, you can now access the Smart Home Manager through the myAT&T app, your Desktop, the Troubleshooting & Resolve Online Tool or the Smart Home Manager app (Android or Apple).

(edited)

Employee

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

when I use this application I am not able to disconnect devices I see on my network. Which routers support this?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi AT&T,

This is a feature that I'd like to disable on my network so that no one, not even myself, can manage/see information about my network.  How can I DISABLE this feature from inside my house (i.e. *I* want to turn this off so I have confidence that no one, not even AT&T has visibility of my internal network structure/setup/configuration).

Thanks.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Exactly and NOONE at AT&T can tell us this. My wireless printer will not work wireless now due to this app. How can I get my wireless printer working on my network again!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is exactly what I want - to BLOCK this feature completely - I can't believe this much power is accessible from a simple web login. How do I disable this - this seems like a huge security vulnerability. 

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Same thing happened to me and AT&T support won't help unless you pay them...my network worked fine until I accessed SmartHome Manager through the My AT&T app.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The AT&T modems are trivially vulnerable as shown on the link below.  This needs to be addressed ASAP -- what is AT&T doing to ensure the security of our modems and infrastructure?

Blog Link: https://www.nomotion.net/blog/sharknatto/

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@CrashNBurns wrote:

The AT&T modems are trivially vulnerable as shown on the link below.  This needs to be addressed ASAP -- what is AT&T doing to ensure the security of our modems and infrastructure?

Blog Link: https://www.nomotion.net/blog/sharknatto/

@CrashNBurns, the author of this blog has acted irresponsibly by not working with the vendor to allow it to work on the potential vulnerability before publicly disclosing it:Capture-2017-09-27-SharknadoBlog.PNG

When several posters mentioned that had a common setting enabled and couldn't confirm his findings that way, he admitted that he'd never tested it that way.  In short, the guy who posted this is an amateur looking for glory.  I'm not convinced there is actually a vulnerability at all.  He should at least submit it to someone who can have it added to the CVE catalog... maybe then AT&T would have an answer on it.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

they had me use this stupid app today and all of a sudden every one of my devices was blocked. Spent an hour on phone with tech support only to get my computer internet back up. My wireless printer still blocked. Did you find a solution?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.