Slow DSL internet surfing after 8:00PM

Traveler

Slow DSL internet surfing after 8:00PM

DSL internet surfing practically comes to a stand still after 8:00PM. Started about a month ago.

Message 1 of 3 (390 Views)
Contributor

Re: Slow DSL internet surfing after 8:00PM

For about 2 months, DSL has been erratic with speed between .3 to 1 Mbps down and .2 to .3 up, measured using both CNET and ATT speed tests. My setup for the measurement is a bare bone computer connected directly to the ATT modem wired directly to the NID to eliminate both router and premices wiring influences.  Latency is now close to 190ms for a known pingable site, and tracert shows that most is spent in the DSLAM [up to 80ms] and the ATT DNS resolver [up to 80ms] to 69.94.156.1/157.1. Speeds are higher at night, but very bad during the day, especially at business opening time and after lunch. 

Modem is a SpeedStream 1500 bought from ATT.

Modem statistics are as follow:

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) To Modem 1536 To Internet 384

SN Margin (dB) To Modem 31.0

Line Attenuation (dB) To Modem 24.0

Loss of Signal To Modem 0

Loss of Frame To Modem 0 To Internet 0

CRC Errors To Modem 5 To Internet 5

Any suggestion ?

Cheers, vince888

Message 2 of 3 (349 Views)
Community Support

Re: Slow DSL internet surfing after 8:00PM

@JbellPringerH and @vince888 , are you still having trouble? We can try to help. Send us a private message by clicking here. Include your full name, contact number, account number and the best time you can be reached.  We'll do our best to help!

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (310 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.