afkouns's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, February 9th, 2013 6:56 PM

Signal explanation please.

I was having all sorts of problems with u-verse until they put a new "card" in at the v-rad.  I'm told it had cross battery and needed to be replaced.  Since then I have got this new green segment on the far left.  Can anyone tell me why it wasn't there before and it's there now?  I'm on the same profile as far as I know.

Bitloading-2013-02-03-08-38-50.png

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

OK, well if their equipment shows no errors then that's good. It probably means that no further action needs to be taken.

US0 and US1 refer to the two upstream allocated frequencies (bands) that are used to carry data in the upstream direction. US1 is the normal upstream band that's used, it's the green area in the middle of the graph from 3.8 - 5.2 MHz. US0 is an additional, alternate upstream band that's used if there's not enough room in US1 due to interference. US0 is from 32 - 128 kHz.

Similarly, there are two downstream bands, DS1 and DS2, shown as the two yellow blocks in your bitloading graph.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Understood.

Why would I not have two upstreams before, but I do now?  Would them just replacing the card do that?  I mean what or who decides to do that for me?

Here's my previous bitloading graph just before the new card install.

Bitloading-2013-01-31-09-20-38.png

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for explaining this to me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.