adrian_soltero01's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 13th, 2014 2:02 AM

Closed

Service issues with Xbox One

I want to change my NAT Type on Xbox One, it is on strict. I also dont know my system password and where to find it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

­

Connecting your Xbox One to Wi-Fi

To connect your Xbox One game console to your U-verse Wi-Fi network there are a few steps to make a successful connection.

Step 1. To access your Xbox console’s settings, press the start button on your controller (Small button with 3 horizontal lines) then select Settings as shown below.

Xbox One Connect to Wifi Step 1.png

Step 2. Once inside the console’s settings, select the Network icon as shown below

Xbox One Connect to Wifi Step 2.png

Step 3. The Network settings screen is the place you come to for your console’s ability to connect to the Internet and Xbox Live. Select Set up wireless network. Selecting this button deletes any current wireless settings and searches for available networks to connect to.

Xbox One Connect to Wifi Step 3.png

Step 4. Select the name of your wireless network (Ex: 2WIRE123 or ATT123). Enter your wireless network password and select Done. The console will automatically try connecting to Xbox Live. The Wi-Fi indicator tells you whether you’re connected. If you are connected, it will display a signal-strength indicator to show the approximate strength of your signal from the U-verse Gateway.

Xbox One Connect to Wifi Step 4.png

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

4 Attachments

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Do you mean change it on the XBOX One itself? I played around with mine and don't believe it gives you that option, in fact, its settings are pretty limited. Are you experiencing any specific issues with it? Do you use any kind of router with your u-verse gateway?

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem. And an Xbox 360 upstairs that probably has the same problem (haven't looked yet). I have to change the NAT from Strict so the Xbox One will work properly. I know nothing about this stuff and don't know IP addresses and what not. Where is this setting and how do I change it?? I do know that I have a 2WIRE router that is about 5-6 years old. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Can I connect an Xbox 360 to my at&t access service? If so, how? And if not, why? And how can I get it to where I can connect my Xbox 360 to my service?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Trying to connect an XBOX 360 to WIFI but it keeps asking for a WEP key. We tried the WIFI password but that did not work. No where on the internet box does it give a WEP key.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I keep trying to connect my Xbox to the internet but it keeps saying additional authentication needed

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have an Xbox S. Two weeks ago, I suddenly couldn't connect to multiplayer for Halo. I checked, and my NAT Type was changed to moderate. My UPnP was off. How do I reset these?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

2 years ago

There is no such setting as "NAT Type".  That's a creation of game developers to describe what they found.  There is no UPnP available on AT&T Gateways.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.