Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Samsung TV/BluRay/Device not Connecting to Internet

Community Support

Samsung TV/BluRay/Device not Connecting to Internet

What do you do if you are having issues with your Samsung Device Apps not being able to connect to the internet?

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Samsung TV/BluRay/Device Not connecting to Internet

Samsung Smart TV/Bluray Connection Issue

What to do if you are not connecting to the internet.
Samsung devices (Smart TV, CCTV, Bluray) not connecting to the Internet via Wireless Connection. The devices recognize the customer's SSID and the correct password are save, however, the device is still not connecting to the Internet.

Error Message: You are not connected to the internet. 

Troubleshooting Steps

1. Establish a wireless connection in the Samsung Device
  2. Make sure wireless channel of modem is not channel 1 or 11 or disabled
  3. Go to the Samsung device “IP Settings” as shown below.
    Samsung TV Settings.png
  4. Select IP Mode to “Auto”
  5. Change the DNS Mode to “ Manual” and use either of these DNS servers:
  6. Click “Ok” and confirm connection
  7. Never change the value of the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway. IP Mode should always be “Auto” 

ATTU-verseCare

Exhausted the help options and still having trouble?
Sometimes the source of trouble is not so obvious and further testing and monitoring is needed to locate the issue and have it repaired. For this, the ATTU-verseCare team can help. Just send us a private message by clicking on the link and provide us the details of your issue. Don't forget to include your account information such as the account number, name on the account, and a current callback number to be able to help.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support