For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jaschwagle's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 2nd, 2016 3:14 PM

Samsung Smart TV - Smart Hub is gone, Samsung says its an ATT problem

Hi, I have a Samsung Smart TV, model UN55F9000, and it has recently lost all its apps in Smart Hub.  I have done extensive troubleshooting with Samsung, and they say it is an ATT wi fi problem.  All apps are gone, and even though it says its connected to the internet, there is no internet access, no web browser, YouTube, etc.  All apps have disappeared, with no way to download back in.  What can be done with the router?  There is a Samsung Forum that says if I block a URL, cloudfront.net, then unblock it, I might get it to work again.  Can someone give me some direction?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Uh, if all apps disappeared from your smartphone, it would not be a wifi problem.  The hub and basic included apps would still be on the TV.  ( mine came with apps pre installed )

It's the TV.  Has it run updates just before the apps disappeared?  

Did they suggest any way to reset the TV?  

Try hardwiring to the TV.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Can't hard wire. Router is a floor away. It's not ATT, it's Samsungs problem except they don't have a clue how to fix it. But their forum says to block "cloud front.net" and things will load back in. Problem there is ATTs router does not let me in to find and block it. TV automatically updates so I don't know if an update caused all this, but I now have to find a place to service this "Dumb TV". It's only 2 yrs old.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@jaschwagle - I guess devices that work "simply" do no have the tools to resolve issues when that do not work. Seems like Samsung should be able to dowload a refresh to your TV.

Ask them how to reboot the TV with new software that they send to your computer  you  put it on a thumb drive & insert on a USB port on yhe TV & reload the software.

Some people that the TV did not work initially were able to get it going by changing the DNS server in the TV to google - 8.8.8.8. Try that.

Some found the country needs to be changed to USA. Check that.

Some samsung TVS have a browser app. Is that still available to you? There is a DNS server -https://www.opendns.com/free-trial/open-your-mind-to-a-new-breed-of-security/?_bt=93900036310&_bk=open%20dns&_bm=e&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search-paid&utm_campaign=Brand-General-Exact-US-Search-English-Google&utm_term=open%20dns&utm_content=s6mExI4Gv_dc|pcrid|93900036310|pkw|open%20dns|pmt|e

I understand it allows blocking web sites. But, I do not know how you would add it. Maybe it is as simple as entering the IP number like with Google.

You can get your own router that can block the site or maybe take the TV to someone who does. If that is all you want to do look for a computer person, not a TV person. TVs are no longer repaired, just replaced.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.