w0sl's profile

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 5:20 AM

SCREEN SHOTS FOR SOMEJOE

For SomeJoe.  Hopefully you will find the screen shots over here.

Roy

Stats-2012-02-20-21-11-10.pngBitloading-2012-02-20-21-11-42.pngErrorTable-2012-02-20-21-12-19.png

3 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

You have a major issue.  Your max rate is less than your assigned profile.

I notice that your RG has been running for over 77 days.  Try rebooting the RG.  Then repost the screenshots.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

12 years ago

That did the trick.  When I had the Tech guy on the phone he did some testing and gave it all a clean bill of health.  How in the world could the RG get in such a mess and the TV and internet still be working?  I'll watch to see if a couple of TV problems clear up and the occasional SMTP failures quit.  We had a short service outage recently when the buried distribution cable behind the house was replaced.  However, I don't see how that could have affected it.  The TV problems have existed for several weeks since the last update and are known problems.  It's a good thing I had the Real Time program or I would not have questioned what was going on.

Thanks a bunch,

Roy

The new screen shots follow:

Stats-2012-02-21-18-01-18.pngBitloading-2012-02-21-18-01-48.pngErrorTable-2012-02-21-18-02-07.png

3 Attachments

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Those screenshots look much better!  Let us know if the TV issues go away.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

12 years ago

Will do. By the way I am an old retired SBC Network Eng. type in MO. Got transferred here in '71 from 308 S. Akard.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Always ways nice to meet a Texan!

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

12 years ago

Well, I'm happy to say since rebooting the RG, I have not had any freezes on the Fox News channel and the Closed Captioning disappearence has not been seen.  I have not done a lot of watching for the problem but I replayed a recording of Downton Abby from PBS and the numerous losses of captioning did not reoccurr.  On the original playback of the recording the captioning disappeared about every 5-10 minutes.  After the reboot I watched the same recording for 30 minutes with no problems.  I am still on the RG firmware version, 6.3.7.42-plus.tm so the new version is not here in the St. Louis area yet.

I plan to keep checking on the two problems above to see if they return.  More if they do, but the reboot definitely cleared things.

Roy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.