Helpful Links

Router set up problems

Contributor

Router set up problems

I have a Linksys E 1200 Wireless-N Router I want to set up, so my grandaughter can use her Acer(Aspire One) notebook around the house. The modem  is a 2Wire with a Wireless Access Point cabled to it. First question: Is this particular modem considered to be a wireless modem or what? ( I was asked, and said that it was). Second question: How do I set up this router to this system. I tried setting up the router according to instructions from a sales person from Best Buy.... it didn't work . I cannot get on the internet the way I was told. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator

Re: Router set up problems

j_staub,

Below is a link on setting up wireless networks at home and includes a link on 3rd party Network devices.

Creating a Wireless Network

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support