woohilo07's profile

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 10:42 PM

Router Question

With the 3600 HGV, it has a 1024 NAT limit. In the past, this limit was sufficient, but with a larger family, close to none NAT connections are available. Seven months ago, I reduce the amount of seconds for the TCP and UDP, and still there is not enough NAT connections available. 

My question is, would adding a third-party router behind the RG and using the capabilities of the third-party router to perform the DHCP and NAT tasks provide more NAT connections?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi woohilo07,

You can definitely add a 3rd party router to your configuration to remedy that issue. Every router has a different number of sessions it can handle. All you need to do is set the 3rd party router in DMZ mode, and that router will handle NAT off the devices behind it and handle the inbound and outbound sessions.

With your current sessions using 1024 sessions, it may be exhausting all the bandwidth also, so adding the 3rd party router may not make a difference, so definitely make sure you look into that as well.

Hope that answered your question.

-David T

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

David,

Your answer was very informative and helpful. Thank you for providing the insight to answer this question.

I do have another question that is not related to my previous question. Currently, I have residental service from AT&T Uverse. I plan to sign up for another line through AT&T Small Business in the same address.

However, I am unsure whether AT&T will support two VDSL2 lines for a residental and business account. Would AT&T provide services for the same person through two different accounts? What would be the limitations for these two accounts?

Thank you for your help, David. I look forward to hearing your response.

-woohilo07

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

Issue has been resolved.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.