Roku HD with AT&T U-Verse

Tutor

Roku HD with AT&T U-Verse

I've had Roku HD for about 1 month wirelessly connected to AT&T U-Verse broadband.  I get  22+ Mb/s consistently on downloads, and video streaming works perfectly most of the time (Amazon, Netflix mostly).  But every other day or so I either get a long delay when selecting a video, then interruptions every few minutes (with the 'downloading' message) or I get the message saying Roku can't connect to the local network.  While doing this, I have nothing else running off the broadband network - 2 PC's connected, but not being used, and my phones are on regular landlines.  Powering down the Router (2-Wire 3800HGV-B) clears the problems - till the next time! Any suggestions on what's causing or how to fix this problem?

Note:  My set up does not allow easy wired connection between the Roku and my Internet box.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: Roku HD with AT&T U-Verse

You could be having some interference for something in or around your home.

Take a look at this post for SomeJoe

http://forums.att.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-Access/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/230300...

Hope this helps.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Thanks for pointing me to this.  I've dowloaded and am running inSSIDer 2.0 - very interesting!  There was quite a bit of interference.  I have switched from auto channel select to a fixed channel that seemed to have the lowest activity - I will see how that impacts Roku performance and report back in a couple of days.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Tutor

I did indeed find quite a bit of interference with my 2Wire box set to 'auto' for channel selection.  I set channel selection to the most interference-free channel and have had 5 days of trouble free Roku streaming through my U-
Verse set up!  Thanks for the advice!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support