Jilly1234's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 10:59 PM

What equipment do I return?

I understand that I can take the equipment to a FedEx or UPS store with my account number. They will pack and ship everything at no cost to me.

1. Should I send back the cables, too?

2. How do I know what equipment I need to return? I don’t want to wait for an email from ATT.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Return your equipment

How to Return U-verse Equipment?

The second one will tell you what you need to return.

Note, don't expect any email from att telling you what you should return.  They don't do that.

@bill4002 

If you had an old 2-wire gateway I believe that's the one exception now in that you don't have to return it.

(edited)

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

You should wait for the email from AT&T , it will tell you exactly what you need to return. I had a router replaced but the email stated I did not have to return the router.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I haven’t received the email yet and I have to have things mailed by next Friday. I don’t want to wait. Any other place where I could find a list of equipment that they expect back?

thanks though!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

We returned a box 8 years ago. Shipped it out via UPS from my husbands work since no location would accept it. We no longer have the receipt to this, and ATT is still charging us for the box we no longer use and I know they can see we have not used this box, I also know they have received it and signed for it. This is also a common issue I hear. I do I stopped getting charged? This is silly. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I mailed via PO the DirecTV equipment in the return prepaid box but received a bill yesterday for $288.90  for not returning the equipment. I have taken photographs on my packing the equipment and a video in case something like this happened. My wife was with me when I was in the PO and mailed it.  What's going on here !? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Anything for money... They will never get the "extra" money out of us. We sent it back. They are asking for proof. Well this was years ago, 8 years ago and UPS no longer has this information saved in their records. We can't go back. They can sue us... We do not have the equipment that is no longer compatible, they can see we do not use it, we have 2 TV's, 2 active boxes. I am not sure who they are trying to kid. Seems they are just trying to scam us for more money. Half the time our service goes down and they are unable to help.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What address do you use to return equipment to Direct TV?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

4 years ago

@lsaknkd  You posted in the AT&T Internet forum but I found >> THIS <<  on the DirecTV forum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.