Shaewolf20's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 24th, 2017 6:15 AM

What do I do with my account number, when returning equipment?

Do I need to put my account number inside or outside of the box if I'm returning equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

You need to give your account number to UPS when you return it through them.  Do not box it up and return it on your own.

Also, did AT&T authorize the return?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

From Terms of Service

f. Return of AT&T Equipment:

Except as otherwise provided, AT&T Equipment must be returned to AT&T undamaged, within twenty-one (21) calendar days after your Service is terminated for any reason. If equipment is not returned within twenty-one (21) calendar days, or is returned damaged, you will be charged a Non-Return Equipment Fee. We may retain any advance payment or deposit, or portion thereof that previously had not been refunded, if you fail to return the AT&T Equipment within this time period. If all AT&T Equipment is returned within six (6) months of termination, any fees charged for such AT&T Equipment will be refunded (other than fees for damages). No refunds will be made for AT&T Equipment returned more than six (6) months after termination. This Paragraph also applies if your existing equipment is replaced or upgraded for any reason

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same issue as many people on here.  The local UPS center is a distribution center only and they will not box and label the package for me.  They told me they would ship it to ATT, but I would have to box it, got that done, and put a shipping label on it.  Like many others here I cannot get a shipping address from ATT.  They make it seem easy and all their instructions are so basic, but there seems to be no backup for when UPS does not cooperate.  I will pay the cost myself, but all I have is a barcode and no address.  Seems like this could be solved with a simple address ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

If it were only that easy...  I followed the instructions I got from the email.  Those are in my initial post above.  So I contacted ATT to request the information for Step 2 and was told the return kit would arrive with all the information below  (that skeeterintexas sent me in the link highlighted below) in five business days.  I was very specific on what I needed because I had seen the runaround people in these forums were getting from ATT.  She acknowledged they had some problems with this in the past, but had recently changed the order process to solve this problem.  

So... five business days later I get a letter from ATT and IT IS THE SAME STINKING INFORMATION I GOT IN THE EMAIL ABOUT TAKING IT TO THE UPS STORE.  THERE WAS NO BOX, NO PREPAID RETURN LABEL.  THEY WERE NOT EVEN MENTIONED, JUST THE SAME WORTHLESS INFORMATION I ALREADY HAD.  SO, skeeterintexas, OR SOMEOTHER SHILL FOR THIS WORTHLESS COMPANY, QUIT REPEATING THE SAME INFORMATION THAT I HAVE ALREADY TRIED.  I WENT TO THE ATT WEBSITE, I TRIED TO DO WHAT THEY SAID AND HAVE NOW GOTTEN NO WHERE.

-----------------------------------  Here is the information that skeeterintexas sent to me ----------------------------

If notified that we’ll send you a return kit

1. Pack only the equipment listed in the email/letter into the return kit.
  2. Affix the prepaid shipping label. 
  3. Drop off the kit at the post office and track it via fedex.com.

If provided an AT&T RMA label in your new equipment box

1. Pack only the equipment listed in the email/letter using the packing materials that came in the box with your new equipment.
  2. Tear off the receipt tab on the bottom of the return shipping label and keep for your records.
  3. Stick the return shipping label over the original label and remove other labels.
  4. Do one of the following:
    • DIRECTV and Fixed Wireless Internet customers – Drop off the box at the post office. You can track it via fedex.com. 
    • U-verse TV, AT&T Internet, or Phone customers – Drop off the box at any authorized UPS drop-off location.

----------------------------------------------------- End of skeeterintexas information -------------------------------------------

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@MiddleofNowhere wrote:

SO, skeeterintexas, OR SOMEOTHER SHILL FOR THIS WORTHLESS COMPANY, QUIT REPEATING THE SAME INFORMATION THAT I HAVE ALREADY TRIED.

@MiddleofNowhere wrote:

-----------------------------------  Here is the information that skeeterintexas sent to me ----------------------------

I have 2 issues with your reply:

1.  I'm no 'shill'.  I'm a customer just like you.  I've been a customer for over 10 years.  I've returned various pieces of equipment via UPS:  RGs, DVRs, STBs.  I take it to the UPS store, they box it up, I get a receipt.  Anything BEYOND that, all I can do is refer you to a link that includes information. 

2.  I didn't 'send you' any information.  I provided a link.  PERIOD.

And please note, no one else took the time to reply to your post so....you're WELCOME.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

No way to verify equipment was received by AT&T/Direct TV

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

No way to verify equipment was received 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Well, to heck with AT&T. I just filed a complaint with the FCC about this scam that AT&T is running to bilk us out of $150 because we didn’t want their sloooww internet. So AT&T will have to solve my problem and give me a return kit or an address or they will get a “blemish” on their license. Works every time!  The FCC will keep the complaint open till I am satisfied. I did this 10 years ago when a cell company would not let me port my number. You’re welcome!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have to return the Gateway/Modem because it went out. K, so, I got the replacement, hooked it up...all is good, so far. My niece went to the FedEx closest to us to return it. I gave her all the correct information that they had asked for, only, when the gentleman put in my account number, she was told that it was an INVALID NUMBER AND MY ITEM COULDN'T BE SHIPPED BACK!! NOW, I KNOW MY ACCOUNT NUMBER AND EVEN LOOKED AT THE EMAILS AND MY BILLS TO MAKE SURE IT WAS ALL CORRECT.. NOW, MIND YOU, I GOT NO RETURN LABEL. I HAVE TO HAVE THIS EQUIPMENT RETURNED BEFORE AUGUST 4, 2018!! OR I'LL BE BILLED $150( WHICH I DO NOT HAVE!). BUT, WHAT I WONDER IS, SINCE IT WAS SHIPPED TO ME BY UPS(AND FEDEX SAID MY ACCOUNT DIDN'T EXIST WITH THEM), INSTEAD OF GOING FEDEX, I SHOULD HAVE WENT UPS AND I'M SURE I WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS DARN PROBLEM RIGHT NOW!! AND, TO TOP IT ALL OFF, I RECEIVED A LETTER (DATED JULY 23,2018) TODAY(7/31/18),  STATING I HAVE UNTIL AUGUST 4,2018 TO RETURN THEIR EQUIPMENT TO " AVOID NON-RETURNED EQUIPMENT CHARGES".  WELL, THE LADY I SPOKE TO AT FEDEX, SHE'S LUCKY I WASN'T IN FRONT OF HER.. SO, TOMORROW, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GET UP AND DO THIS ALL AGAIN AND IF THE DARN PIECE IS LATE, SO WHAT..YOU CAN ADD CHARGES TO MY BILL, BUT, IT DOESN'T MEAN I'M GOING TO PAY . I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH AT&T, UNTIL THIS! THEY SHOW STATE THAT YOU NEED TO RETURN THEIR PRODUCT TO THE COMPANY THAT DELIVERED IT. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.