akw1967's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2016 10:19 PM

Return equipment

I cancelled my service and was supposed to get an email about how to return equipments. I haven't received an email yet. I've checked my junk folder too. How long does it take to get the email?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am currently having the same issue in 2018!! Got told to go yo the wireless cell store of at&t, they can't help iv still not received the shipping box to mail it back can't get person on the phone tonight when I found out I can ride with a friend tomorrow to a town she's going that does have the ups/at&t. I need a new shipping label emailed to me in time.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Heletha wrote:

I am currently having the same issue in 2018!! Got told to go yo the wireless cell store of at&t, they can't help iv still not received the shipping box to mail it back can't get person on the phone tonight when I found out I can ride with a friend tomorrow to a town she's going that does have the ups/at&t. I need a new shipping label emailed to me in time.

Please read the replies in the thread you just posted in.  You do NOT need a shipping label sent to you.  Go to a The UPS Store or FedEx Express with your equipment and your account number.  They will look up your account, accept your unpacked equipment, give you a receipt for it (which you should hang on to forever, or at least several months) and are then responsible for it getting to AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Cancelled my DTV service at end of my contract, ok so far.  Of course on the phone I got pressure repeatedly to keep my service before they finally gave up.  Received my return box in the mail several days after my contract expiration date, ok so far.   Mailed the equipment next day via UPS, UPS was great as always and even boxes it for you.   I was happy as the equipment was gone and my account was at $0.  

Fast forward a month later I get an email with a  bill for $188 for equipment "I didn't return."   Then have to spend 1/2 hour on the phone with a rep who won't stop trying to resell me another DirectTV package and finally says they'll put in a trouble ticket with the warehouse to find the box I mailed a month ago.  So, I still have no idea if/when it will be resolved.   Obviously I won't be paying the $188 and will be keeping an eye on the account balance until it drops to $0 again.

Was never this bad when it was DTV and not ATT.   Please quit with the sales pitches and do some actual customer service and find my stuff!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have had the very same run around. I did push #1 for English... not really they don’t have that option. Yet I get treated as though I’m in the wrong when I kindly tell them I can’t understand. Point being all I wanted was to get a printable postage label to put on a box to mail my neighbors box back. After arguing sensly over the disconnect day vs a address label showing up in the mail The supposed disconnect day was a week away and frankly I could careless about that. Still no label 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

5 years ago

@impressivenot , do you not live near a The UPS Store or FedEx Office?  It's normally easiest to drop off the equipment at one of them, give them your account number, and get a receipt for the equipment you returned.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The link is broken.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why can't I get an address to return the equipment to? I'LL PAY FOR SHIPPING! I live in a rural area with no UPS or Fed-Ex store within a 2 hour drive. I have been to several UPS and Fed-Ex authorized shippers in my area but not accept AT&T equipment. I just need to return a uverse fiber modem

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.