akw1967's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2016 10:19 PM

Return equipment

I cancelled my service and was supposed to get an email about how to return equipments. I haven't received an email yet. I've checked my junk folder too. How long does it take to get the email?

Scholar

• 

290 Messages

6 years ago

@JefferMC quote:

Exactly what kind of nonsense are you talking about?  You can return the gear to any one of thousands of locations, you don't have to pack it, you don't have to pay for shipping, you don't have to stand in line at "the cable office."

Haven't you been reading ALL the posts around this site about how people call in to cancel their U Verse services

and request the RMA label and return boxes.....and THEY NEVER ARRIVE? Smiley WinkSmiley Frustrated

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

@bloomin wrote:

@JefferMC quote:

... people call in to cancel their U Verse services

and request the RMA label and return boxes.....and THEY NEVER ARRIVE? Smiley WinkSmiley Frustrated

Haven't you been reading?  In more than 90% of cases, they don't need to call in to get an RMA label and return boxes; they need to go to the local The UPS Store or FedEx Office and drop off their equipment. 

Scholar

• 

290 Messages

6 years ago

@JefferMC quote:

"Haven't you been reading?  In more than 90% of cases, they don't need to call in to get an RMA label and return boxes; they need to go to the local The UPS Store or FedEx Office and drop off their equipment. "

Did you miss the part where these people live a hour's drive from those places and need the RMA and boxes? 

I guess you did. Smiley Tongue

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

Well, @bloomin, if you need a return label, send a Private Message to ATTCares.  I'm sure they'll get you one.  You keep saying boxes... I don't think they provide boxes; they'll email you the return label.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I canceled my Directv service & received an email listing only 4 items to be returned.  I would like to confirm I only need to return the 4 items listed on the email

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

my question was do I only have to return the 4 items listed on the email I received.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

Are you going to trust the e-mail from AT&T or the word of some random customer who happens to reply?  Personally, I'd go with the e-mail.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Having the same problem. Called twice and was told a box would arrive and it never has. What we should do is call and pretend to setup a new service. Then they will show up at your door step with a bottle of water and we can give them the run around. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hoping anyone can help... 

It is extremely frustrating when you do EVERYTHING a vendor asks you to do.  Then, when their system fails, you are left with charges.  Here's my situation:

I completed my 2 year SENTENCE with DirecTV and canceled my service.  I had previously updated my account to show my current address at the time of cancellation.  When I canceled I was informed that I would receive instructions VIA (SNAIL) MAIL on how to return equipment.  This is where it starts...  Even though they had been sending invoices to the correct/current address, they sent the return instructions to the old address (Colorado vs. Texas).  This delayed the process by at least 10 days as I had to wait for the USPS forwarding process to take it's course.  As soon as I received the instructions I took my equipment (1 receiver/1 remote) to UPS. 

At the UPS store the cashier received my equipment, scanned and processed it and provided me a "AT&T Equipment Return Receipt" (with old address) and a UPS receipt.  Both receipts showed a "Return Reference Number". 

Fast forward one month later...  I receive a bill from DirecTV showing I owe for "equipment charges" as they had "not received" my equipment.  Is it not "received" as of the moment when their assigned agent (UPS) gives me AT&T documentation showing such?  I called DirecTV immediately to determine what needs to be done so I can be removed from the collections department (due to outstanding invoice of $48.11).  During my conversation one person indicated where he saw the equipment had been received.  However, because my account was moved to collections, he couldn't help me. 

Collections Dept. - The agent told me that, in order to dispute my charges, I needed to send a written request (written???  really???  I thought this was a technology company...?) along with documentation showing I turned in my equipment properly to AT&T (ironically, in Colorado).  Thankfully I had all documentation and provided it via their antiquated means. 

Fast forward two weeks...  On Monday, March 19th I received a letter from AT&T stating they were "unable to confirm all leased equipment has been returned to DirecTV."  Therefore, the "have reviewed all charges, payments, and credits appearing on your account and consider the balance accurate".  Odd...  I sent them proof as they requested.  It shows the date of receipt with the equipment serial number, reference number for return, the UPS location and UPS cashier.  I'VE DONE EVERYTHING YOU ASKED ME TO DO.  Why is it that, your system has failed, and I am penalized for it?

I don't owe you money.  You actually owe ME a credit as it showed prior to the bogus "equipment charges". 

My question is this:  WHO CAN HELP ME RESOLVE THIS?  I've followed your protocol to no avail.  The collections letter I just received from AT&T in Greenwood Village, CO says to "please provide the tracking number(s)" so you can research this further.  But, IT DOESN'T SAY WHERE TO SEND IT!  I've sent everything already.  They obviously received my documentation.  I've proof your agent (UPS) received my equipment.  What more do you need??????

I look forward to your prompt reply.

Scholar

• 

290 Messages

6 years ago

@dissatisfied67

You need to contact the AT&T Office of The President for this situation. Call back the regular customer 

service number and ask them to provide the direct number for that office. Post back with an update, thanks!

Indeed RIDICULOUS situation. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.