akw1967's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2016 10:19 PM

Return equipment

I cancelled my service and was supposed to get an email about how to return equipments. I haven't received an email yet. I've checked my junk folder too. How long does it take to get the email?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

What is the address where to send the equipment 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Murry1968 wrote:

What is the address where to send the equipment 

Assuming you're talking about AT&T U-verse Networking or TV equipment, and assuming it should be returned, and assuming that for some reason you didn't read any of the replies above and/or links above giving great detail on how this should be done...

Take your equipment and your U-verse Account Number to the nearest The UPS Store.  You do not need an address.  You do not need to box/pack your equipment.  The agent at The UPS Store will take your account number, match up your equipment, give you a receipt to acknowledge return (keep that, by the way), and then pack your stuff up with that of others returned to him and ship it all back to AT&T at their expense.  Note that I very carefully said "The UPS Store," it must be a The UPS Store or FedEx Office.  Not a UPS depot.  Not a FedEx/Kinkos.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@JefferMC - according to this you can now also use FedEx.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I agree that the information provided about the UPS Store provides the same degree of assistance as my experience at the FedEx Store I used.

I believe if one checks their neighborhood, through google maps or the like, for an easy drive to either type of Store, they will have no problem. I suppose there are some locations where easy access could be an issue, I don't want to suggest that I speak for everyone everywhere.

Thanks for the feedback.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I should correct that it's the FedEx Office outlet, not using the word 'Store'.

I'm not sure why repeating a previous post, which was helpful, is necessary as either UPS Store or FedEX Office will handle equipment returns.

I began my process by communicating with AT&T chat online on their web site, where they took my equipment's model/serial number, logged said information, suggested where I should go to return the equipment, and, told me I would probably, in my case,.see a $7 subtraction from future bills for returning my equipment.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have called your company three time and they will not send me the boxes to send back the equipment 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

We were flooded in Bear Creek Village and had to leave our home @4403 Hickory Grove on August 28, 2017, due to Hurricane Harvey.  Our house had at least 5' of water in it for about 5 days.  Everything in the house was ruined due to the water, including your precious equipment!!  On Sept 23, I called and cancelled our service.  In Oct. I got a statement from ATT saying I had a $128+ credit due to me.  I called in Oct., Nov., and Dec. each time I got a statement showing a $128 credit minus $1.57 "service" charge!  NO ONE AND I MEAN ONE ONE, told me that the service had been SUSPENDED, and NOT cancelled!  This month after recieving a statement I called and talked to Laura Renee who finally told me the situation and very sweetly took my service off suspension.  She was great and told me I should call back in 48 hrs to cancel because she couldn't at that time.  I called on Jan. 9 and talked to Fredrick.  He told me that he cancelled my service, told me not to worry about the equipment because of the loss due to Hurricane Harvey, I would be given the credit plus the service fees that had been deducted and it would be about 14 days for the final statement to arrive.  The claim # is 3744151398 for your information.  Now I have recieved this stuff from you about returning the equipment.  Does anyone up there know what the in the world

is going on besides Fred and Laura Renee?  It has been 3+ months I have been dealing with inept people at ATT except for Fred and Laura Renee.  Please get your stuff together.  This kind of stuff is why I switched to Spectrum!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm trying to return equipment.  Over a week ago they were to send me a return kit, as both FedEx and UPS locations are over an hour drive in each direction from my home.  I have yet to get it, and when I attempted to call this afternoon, I was told the office was closed (website says CS is open daily until Midnight, it's currently 5:15pm CST.  And when I try to use the chat function on the website, it won't allow me because they removed my account from the web system the same day I cancelled my service.  What  do I do?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm currently having the same issue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I cancelled my Direct TV service at the end of Decmeber. I received an email letting me know the boxes for my equipment was being deliverers to me. However I never received the return boxes and now I have an equipment fee on my bill. What should I do? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.