Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Replacement

Highlighted
Contributor

Replacement

ram Aug 24, 2016 5:06:53 PM New Member
My 5268 was recently stolen and until I get the police report and resolve this with AT&T can I use a TP-Link Archer D7 in its place? It's an ADSL+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎08-24-2016 6:34 PM

Re: Replacement

No, you need a Uverse certificate gateway.....

A replacement gateway for lost, stolen or damaged equipment is $150.

Hopefully you have homeowners or rentals insurance....

From the Uverse terms of service...7. Equipment....

You agree to notify AT&T immediately, in writing or by calling the AT&T customer support line, if the U-verse Equipment is stolen or if you become aware at any time that Services are being stolen or fraudulently used. When you call or write, you must provide a detailed description of the circumstances of the theft, including documentation of theft or fraudulent use of the U-verse Equipment or Services (such as a copy of a police report). You will be responsible for all charges incurred until you report the theft or fraudulent use. You will also be responsible for stolen U-verse Equipment not owned by you, however, AT&T may in its sole discretion waive or reduce charges upon submission of documentation of theft or other circumstances. Failure to provide notice to AT&T of theft in a timely manner may result in the termination of your Services and additional charges to you. Unless notified otherwise by AT&T, after you report the theft or fraudulent use of the Services, you will remain responsible for paying your monthly fees for Services not stolen or fraudulently used.

Return of equipment: if your U-verse service is provided by an iNID, you must return the TV receivers. You should not return the iNID home networking hub, (Model# j38HG) or the ONT. All other unowned U-verse equipment must be returned to AT&T undamaged, within twenty one (21) calendar days after the Service is terminated. If equipment is not returned within twenty one (21) calendar days, or is returned damaged, you will be charged for the value of the U-verse Equipment. We may retain any advance payment or deposit, or portion thereof that previously had not been refunded, if you fail to return the U-verse Equipment within this time period. If all U-verse Equipment is returned within six (6) months of termination, any fees charged for such U-verse Equipment will be refunded (other than fees for damages). No refunds will be made for U-verse Equipment returned after six (6) months from termination. The return of equipment provisions also apply if your existing equipment is replaced or upgraded for any reason.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support