gofer6064's profile

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 4:07 AM

Replacement RG

Do the new RG's not require a grounded power supply cord from the wall to the RG. The new replacement that they sent me for my old RG doesn't have a grounded power supply cord, where the old RG did have a grounded power supply cord, i used new power supply cord that came with the RG, but am wondering if i should  use the old power supply cord as it over eight years old any info. would be appreciated. This applies to a post i made sunday the 23rd about RG problems. I have both U-verse TV and internet no phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Nothing to worry about. As long as the cord coming from the wall outlet is able to plug into the power pack no worries.

Grounding power packs and RG can actually inadvertently cause more issues than it protected against. For us humans, no more or less of a shock hazard either way. Lightning is the biggest problem facing RG and with a grounded RG a near lightning strike could find the RG a more inviting path to ground than an ungrounded RG.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

From the outlet plug to the back of the RG check to see if it a continuous cord or there is a power pack. The point is, if possible, unplug each cord. There should be the same number of pins at each connection to match the female side of the connection.

Without knowing specific manufacture and model I cannot give you a more specific answer.

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

7 years ago

There is a power pack on this cord Wall to power pack , power pack to RG, it is a PACE 3801HGV. The old cord was a 2 WIRE from the original installation in 2008 which also had a power pack which the tech used when he replaced the original RG either earlier this year or last year. The 2Wire had a 3 prong configuration (hot, neutral and ground) on both the wall end and the power pack end plus this 2WIRE cord had some kind of interference block on it, the new pace only has a 2 prong configuration on wall end and power pack end (hot and neutral). hope this helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.