Helpful Links

Replacement Gateway Box, Networked Printer Not Working

Contributor

Replacement Gateway Box, Networked Printer Not Working

Just had my 2Wire gateway box replaced after the last one stopped working, and now my HP printer wont work.  Documents fail to print, saying "The spooler was unable to connect to your printer.  This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block your access to the local network."  The printer is connected via ethernet cable to the gateway, and there is a home network.  It's an HP 7410 All-in-one.  Please advise how to get my printer back working again.

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Replacement Gateway Box, Networked Printer Not Working

Reset your printer it is probably looking for your old RG . Check in your printer settings if preferred DNS setting

is 192.168.1.254

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Replacement Gateway Box, Networked Printer Not Working

I printed out a Network Configuration Page from the printer and compared the IP address to the one listed under printer port settings.  I needed to configure the port with IP address 192.168.1.64.  The last couple numbers were off which was the problem.  Printer works great again.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support