muldertx's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015 6:57 PM

Replace Router?

I am not happy with my 3801hgv router and would like to possibly buy a new router.  I am having trouble with connectivity along with slow internet.

I am wanting to buy another router to replace with I have? Is this possible?  What is a good solution?

I am just so tired of the problems and need some relief.

Thanks,

Mack

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

You cannot purchase a device to replace the 3801.  You probably could get AT&T to send you a gateway to replace it, which may be another 3801 or some other model, which may be better, or it may have some different issues you wouldn't like.

Another alternative is to purchase a router that you would install in combination with the 3801.  It could either just provide Wireless coverage for you, or it could take over some of the routing duties, which may improve your experience.  It really depends on what is actually causing your particular issues.

You might want to look at the diagnostics page on your 3801 (http://192.168.1.254/ , click on the Broadband tab and look for the tables that have sync rate, attenuation, SNR and error counts).  If you'll take a screenshot and put it in a reply to this thread, we can take a look at it and give you our opinion about whether you're having line issues that may be causing some of your slowness.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@muldertx  If you happen to have a 510/589/599 Arris/Moto RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.  Some 2wire/Pace RGs can suffer the same thing.

Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui. http://192.168.1.254/

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Diag 1.PNG

Diag 2.PNG

Thank you for the reply.

Buying a new router was what I was considering.  I have included the screen shots.

Thanks again for your help.

Mack

2 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.