Helpful Links

Random Disconnects from Motorola NVG589 (U-verse Router, Modem, Gateway)

Highlighted
Contributor

Random Disconnects from Motorola NVG589 (U-verse Router, Modem, Gateway)

This following scenario has happened multiple times:

While playing a game, I get a message that says "attempting to reconnect to server" (I know this message usually means 'you have lost connection to the internet'). 

I quickly attempt to access other web pages, but to no avail I have no broadband service from my u-verse gateway. (A couple of times I ran to the gateway to check the indicator lights and it shows the top 2 active and then slowly adds more lights as it restarts)

Eventually a new tab opens up (gstatic.com.... something) and it shows me an error page that seems to be generated from the gateway on the troubleshooting tab of 192.168.1.254

After some time I see another page load that says something like " your gateway is restarting please wait 5-10 minutes"

^ but.... I never restarted it????

Anyways just hoping to find some help because it is quite annoying that the equipment AT&T charges me for fails once or twice a day. 

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 2
Contributor

Re: Random Disconnects from Motorola NVG589 (U-verse Router, Modem, Gateway)

Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I have had my router replaced twice in the past 3 months and it has not solved the issue.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support