08-10-2012 7:29 PM
They replaced my RG3800 with a 3801
I have a static ip range and can't find how to configure a static IP on one of the ethernet ports.
It took a while to figure it out a few years ago when i first got UVerse.. any help?
I've searched and alot of the links in the forums nolonger work.
it was listed under Broadband, Status, as a
User Defined Supplemental Networks
Rounter Address 99.xx.xx.xx
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.248
under LAN, IP Address, Allocation
Current Address 99.xx.xx.xx
Device Status Connected DHCP
Address Assighment Public (select WAN IP Mapping)
WAN IP Mapping Public from pool:99.xx.xx.xx
Solved by: Go to Solution.
08-10-2012 8:47 PM
Perhaps the thread below will help:
08-11-2012 10:22 AM
that had what i needed, thanks
When you get a static IP block, it will be a block of 8 addresses, of which 6 are usable for devices, and 1 of those must be assigned to the RG.
You receive block: 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52
• 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 are reserved and not usable.
• Pick the highest usable address in the block for the RG. In this case, that would be 18.104.22.168.
• Go to the RG's main menu, and go to Settings -> Broadband -> Link configuration. Check "Enable" under "Add additional network". Put 22.214.171.124 into the router address field, and the subnet mask you were assigned into the Subnet Mask field (depends on the size of the block, for an 8-address block like this its 255.255.255.248).
• Click save.
• You can now assign static IPs to devices on the Settings -> LAN -> IP Address Allocation page, and then adjust their firewall pinholes on the Settings -> FIrewall -> Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ page.
• Your available IPs for devices in this case are 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52.
08-13-2012 6:44 AM
If you do need any assistance, I did send a PM to you. Thank you for your time and patience. Regards, Robert on behalf of Alex.
08-14-2012 6:47 AM
We forwarded your inquiry to a manager for review. Thanks for your patience in advance. Regards, Robert on behalf of Alex
08-18-2012 6:25 PM
No one ever contacted me. It's raining right now and the picture freezing and pixalating and the internet is freezing up..
Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!
Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!
For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.