For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
notoriousnic's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2013 1:25 AM

Problems Installing Sonicwall TZ-215 with Uverse Internet

I've recently purchased a SonicWall TZ-215 VPN/Firewall.  I attempted initial setup today and am having some challenges.

I've gone into my DG and set the SonicWall up in DMZplus

The DG is correctly pushing its public IP address down to the SonicWall WAN port

I can ping the SonicWall IP address, and I can ping external IP's (8.8.8.8)

I cannot get internet access though, and I cannot ping the DG's DNS (.254) IP

Any thoughts on what I've got wrong?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

The internal LAN subnet of the RG (Residential Gateway) must be different than the internal LAN subnet of your SonicWall.

The default subnet of the RG is 192.168.1.0/24, with the RG at 192.168.1.254. So you need to set your SonicWall's internal LAN IP scheme to something else, for example: 192.168.2.0/24, with the SonicWall at 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.2.254.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

That fixed it.  Thanks so much!  I had both SonicWall and ATT tech support help and neither caught that small piece of the pie.  Much appreciated!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have a TZ105 and setting the NVG589 up in "pass-though" is quite simple. What is a problem, is setting up a PPTP VPN in the SW and getting a connection to the VPN Server. How can this be achieved?

Thank You,

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @ohiopcman,

Once you get the U-verse gateway setup in passthrough mode, make sure you can browse the internet. After that, I found a set of instructions on setting up a PPTP VPN on the sonicwall here.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.