Printing, airprint, 3801hgv

Mentor

Printing, airprint, 3801hgv

I have a 2wire 3801hgv gateway, an HP6510 printer and an iPad 3rd generation.

My PCs have no problem printing wirelessly to the 6510. When I try to print from my iPad it says, "Printer Offline" ... which it is not. Some internet searches say that the router will not support "Bonjour", common to Apple products to search networks, or something like that. 

Anyone with any experience with this problem?

Message 1 of 4 (1,827 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Printing, airprint, 3801hgv

You may want to take a look at this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02784317&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang...

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,788 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Keep in mind Bonjour is Apple's answer to WPS so you can configure the settings manually.

Message 3 of 4 (1,776 Views)
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author enigma_1
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

OK. Being a low tech guy I opted for the offered solution I could best handle. 

I shut off the gateway ... not reset but shut off. Same with the printer and the iPad.

After a few minutes I turned on the gateway and allowed it to cycle thru the startup. Then the printer. Then the iPad.

Walla. It worked. iPad now prints on the HP 6510.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4 (1,751 Views)