PurdueSue's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 6:54 PM

Closed

Printer Installation Error

Since having U-verse installed my printer will not work.  I always get the 'is not communicating' error message.  What can be done to fix this glitch?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

@PurdueSue wrote:

Since having U-verse installed my printer will not work.  I always get the 'is not communicating' error message.  What can be done to fix this glitch?

I think what you're saying is that you set up a printer in your home network before you got U-verse.  When U-verse was installed, your network topology and some settings changed and your network printer no longer works.

The easiest solution for this is often to delete the printers from your systems and re-do your initial network setup for the printer as if you just got it.  There may be a simpler solution to your paticular problem, but that would depend on exactly what's going on.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

Yep.  Same thing happened here.  Easy to take care of.  I just reinstalled the HP printer from the disk and, when the question came up, I clicked on the box to install wireless.  That took care of it.  I've had to do this a few times....whenever upgrading printing software or....as in most recently....when upgrading to Windows 8.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

My wireless HP printer has a network setup that I had to do to get it to print on my home network. You should check there, it's probably still trying to connect to your old network.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have a similar problem.  My printer is on the new ATT wireless network in my house, but Macs get "printer not responding" error when trying to print from any application.  I have reinstalled the printer, and deleted the printer from the Macs and then added it back, but to no avail.

I've heard that I might need to change the MAC filtering on the network, but I don't know how to do that.  Any ideas?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I managed to solve this myself, by changing the printer options from Manual to Automatic.  Phew!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I purchased a new all-in-one HP printer after switching to ATT U-verse and have tried everything to get it installed but the network simply won't recognize it.  I've never had a problem installing a wireless printer before switching to ATT.  Suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just got UVerse Internet installed. I have an HP Wireless printer, all in one and I can't get it connected to the new wireless network.  I have windows 10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now.  Each time I attempt to put in the passcode, it kicks the PC off the internet. I've gone through this process about 7 or 8 times now.  Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Just purchased an HP OFficejet Pro 6968. I was having issues with the wireless connection. It would not connect. I have a Mac desktop. Spent hours with HP support. They remoted in to my computer and had to change some settings on my router. Too technical and confusing for me to remember but it was something about separating 5 vs 2.? They said it's a known glitch between HP printers and AT&T routers. Is anyone familiar with this glitch? Finally got it up and running. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Switch off and turn the printer on, also making sure that the power cable is intact. Also ensure that there is power supply from the power outlet. If none of this turns back the light on your printer, call for further HP printer troubleshooting help at our toll-free number +1-888-213-9310

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.